Neymar Jr is the special skin that you can earn in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6.
By completing these challenges, you'll unlock the Neymar Jr skin, a handful of associated items, and two Primal forms.
On this page:
Note this particular challenge is no longer able to be completed. What's new? Chapter 3 Season 2 has arrived! New additions include red and blue lines on the Fortnite map and Rebuilding quests, including finding and destroying a IO Build Jammer. You can also learn how to get XP fast in Fortnite.
How to unlock Neymar Jr in Fortnite
If you want to get the Neymar Jr skin in Fortnite, then you must first buy the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Battle Pass. If you don't purchase this Battle Pass, then you won't be able to participate in the associated challenges.
After purchasing the Battle Pass, from April 27th, 2021's v16.30 update a special series of Neymar Jr quests will be available, unlocking not only the skin, but other associated rewards upon their completion.
To unlock the Neymar Jr skin, you must complete the following quests:
- Talk to an Island Soccer Character (unlocks Soccer Ball Emote Toy, Neymar Jr Banner)
- Complete 3 quests from Island Soccer Players (unlocks Marador Loading Screen)
- Complete 5 quests from Island Soccer Players (unlocks Neymar Jr Outfit)
You can also unlock a Back Bling and Pickaxe by completing the following:
- Drop the Soccer Ball Toy 500 Meters as Neymar Jr (unlocks Joia Trophy Back Bling)
- Score a Goal with the Soccer Ball Toy as Neymar Jr (unlocks Jaguar Strike Pickaxe)
In short - find a Soccer Character location and complete five of their associated quests over how many matches you need to get Neymar Jr. From there, completing the Soccer Ball objectives using the skin gives you a few bonuses on top.
That's the default skin - there is also two Primal variants to then unlock..
How to unlock the Shhh emote and Neymar Jr's Primal forms in Fortnite
Once you have the default Neymar Jr skin, there are then two Primal forms to unlock. You can unlock these by using the Shhh emote with the standard and Exhibition version of the Neymar Jr skin respectively.
Earning Neymar Jr's Primal forms works as follows:
- To unlock the Shhh emote, you must Eliminate 3 opponents as Neymar Jr. Then, use Shhh with the standard skin for the first Primal form
- To unlock the Exhibition Neymar Jr skin, and the second Primal form when using Shhh, you must complete a specific number of Epic quests
Ahead of launch, the number of quests required has yet to be revealed - but completing Epic quests also unlocks the following in sequence:
- I'm ready! Spray
- Stealth Shot Emoticon
- Hang Loose Celebration Emote
- Aerial Acrobat Glider
- Exhibition Style of the Neymar Jr Outfit, Jaguar Strike Pickaxe, and Aerial Acrobat Glider
With the above done, you'll have then unlocked everything. Nicely done!
Chapter 3 Season 2 has arrived! New additions include the Prowler skin, along with the return of jetpacks and Choppas. As we enter Season 2's final month, it's a good idea to know how to get XP fast in Fortnite. You can also complete Resistance challenges, including collecting signal jammers and finding an energy fluctuation. Don't forget about the Seasonal challenges, which include planting saplings and call an Air Strike on a tank. Meanwhile Victory Crowns and the character collection have returned, along with a new Victory Umbrella to earn.
When does the Neymar Jr skin release time and how long are the challenges available for?
Neymar Jr's skin has a release date of Tuesday, April 27th, 2021, when the v16.30 update will be available in the morning UK time.
The specific time is unknown - but recent updates have seen downtime at around 7am to 9am BST, which is as follows in other regions:
- UK - 7-9am (BST)
- Europe - 8-10am (CEST)
- East Coast US - 2am to 4am (EDT)
- West Coast US - 11pm on April 26th to 1am (PDT)
Again, this is an estimated guess - and expect downtime to last for a couple of hours, and a patch to download before you can start playing.
The Neymar Jr and its associated challenges are then available until the end of Season 6, which is currently scheduled for the start of June - giving you plenty of time to unlock everything.
Remember, you need to have the Season 6 Battle Pass to have access to the challenges and unlock the skin, and once you have unlocked it, it's yours to keep forever.
Will you support Eurogamer?