The Team Building quest in Pokémon Go is research released alongside the Pokémon World Championships in August 2022.
Part of that is a branching path - having you choose between Galarian Stunfisk, Drapion and Jellicent in Pokémon Go.
Once you begin, the Team Building research is available until Wednesday, 31st August at midnight local time.
On this page:
Team Building: Great League Step 1 of 3
Once you have begun the quest from the Twitch code giveaway, the first quest steps are as follows:
- Catch 1 Pokémon - x500 Stardust
- Catch 2 Pokémon - x500 Stardust
- Catch 3 Pokémon - x500 Stardust
Rewards: x3 Star Piece
From there, you have to make a choice...
Choose a Path Galarian Stunfisk, Drapion and Jellicent choice differences
Upon completing this step, you’ll be asked to choose between the three paths - Galarian Stunfisk, Drapion and Jellicent.
Though the quest steps from here are the same, the rewards differ - giving you a different Great League team to take away:
- Galarian Stunfisk choice: Ariados, Pelipper, Galarian Stunfisk
- Drapion choice: Skarmory, Swampert, Drapion
- Jellicent choice: Venusaur, Jellicent, Talonflame
This changes the encounter and Candy rewards in the second step.
'Team Building: Great League' Step 2 of 3
Depending on your team of choice, they will appear as encounters and Candy rewards in this second step:
- Use a Charged TM - Encounter based on your team choice
- Power Up Pokémon 10 times - Encounter based on your team choice
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - Encounter based on your team choice
Rewards: x10 Candy for each of your team choices
The World of Wonders season has come to Pokémon Go, giving you the chance to catch Poipole. Don't forget to try out Routes, Gift Exchange and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
'Team Building: Great League' Step 3 of 3
The final quest step involves competing in the Go Battle League:
- Battle another Trainer in the Great League - x500 Stardust
- Win a Trainer Battle in the Great League - x1000 Stardust
- Win 5 Trainer Battles in the Great League - x5000 Stardust
Rewards: x1 Premium Raid Pass
Thanks to leepierre1 on reddit for confirming this final quest step.
Best of luck using your new Great League team!
Remember, you have until Wednesday, 31st August at midnight local time - which is the end of the Season of Go - to complete the above quest.