There is a shiny Murkrow in Pokémon Go, but that's not only the reason why you should partake in this week's Spotlight Hour.
Throughout this page we'll explain why you should be catching as many Murkrow as possible during the hour-long event, such as the chance to get a 100% perfect IV Murkrow and a preview of shiny Murkrow.
If you're interested in the other events currently occurring in Pokémon Go, visit our pages on the Halloween event research, the Halloween Cup, the new What Lies Behind the Mask quest and the arrival of both Galarian Slowking and Mega Absol.
On this page:
Murkrow 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go
A good reason to partake in this week's Spotlight Hour is the opportunity to catch a perfect Murkrow with the highest possible IV stats. If you find such a Murkrow, you could use it in this year's Halloween Cup or power it up and evolve it to create a strong Honchkrow.
The CP values - which correspond to perfect 15/15/15 stats - are as follows:
- Level 30 (wild CP maximum) - 1,339
- Level 35 (weather boosted CP maximum) - 1,451
It's important to remember that the wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach Level 30. If you're currently below 30, then the maximum CP value will be different. Due to the majority of the player base being above Level 30, we've kept it to the above values to keep things simple.
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! The Along the Routes event is here, bringing Gift Exchange and the A Route to New Friendships quest with it. During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Is there a shiny Murkrow in Pokémon Go?
There is a shiny version of Murkrow in Pokémon Go.
Shiny Murkrow was released on March 31st, 2018 as part of that year's April Fools event. Alongside this shiny crow, all of the sprites for the Pokémon released in the game at that time were changed to the 8-bit sprites from the original Pokémon games.
When it comes to shiny Murkrow's actual appearance, it's pretty obvious what the change is - its body has gone from a jet black to a vibrant purple.
This design continues if you decide to evolve your shiny Murkrow into a shiny Honchkrow, with its black feathers also becoming purple.
Other reasons to catch as many Murkrow as possible
Even if you already have a shiny Murkrow, there are still some good reasons to catch as many Pokémon as possible during this Spotlight Hour, including:
- If you haven't completed the eleventh step of the Misunderstood Mischief special research quest, you can easily complete the 'Catch 30 Dark-type Pokémon' during this Spotlight Hour.
- Thanks to Murkrow being a dark and flying-type Pokémon, this Spotlight Hour is the perfect time to add some progress to your dark - Delinquent - and flying - Bird Keeper - type medals. You might even reach the Platinum level!
- The Murkrow Spotlight Hour also overlaps with the Halloween event, which includes a double candy bonus. Using a Pinap Berry, you'll receive 12 Murkrow candy per catch and this will help you get closer to evolving it!
- Finally, during this Spotlight Hour you'll receive double evolution XP, which means you'll receive 1000 XP for every Pokémon you evolve. So, if you've got any Pokémon which are ready for evolution, this is the perfect time to complete their evolution!
Remember, as the name suggests, Spotlight Hour only lasts for an hour - between 6pm to 7pm (local time). Don't worry if you can't partake, because all four Spotlight Hour bonuses rotate each month and, in November, we'll have five Spotlight Hours!
Good luck finding a shiny Murkrow!