There is a Pokémon Go Twitch code giveaway this week for the 2022 Pokémon World Championships - and with time-limited research up for grabs, you won't want to miss it!
Codes will be given away throughout the event, and though they must be redeemed quickly in Pokémon Go, the good news is you'll have multiple opportunities across all three days to get one.
This page explains the various Pokémon Go Twitch code giveaway times as part of the wider Pokémon World Championships Twitch schedule.
On this page:
Pokémon Go Twitch code giveaway times in UTC, UK / BST, CEST, EDT and PDT
Codes will be given away in the Twitch chat throughout all three days during the below times.
Thursday, August 18th Twitch stream times (starting 7:30am UTC):
- UK: 8:30am to 5pm (BST)
- Europe: 9:30am to 6pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 3:30am to 12am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 12:30am to 9am (PDT)
Friday, August 19th Twitch stream times (starting 7:45am UTC):
- UK: 8:45am to 3pm (BST)
- Europe: 9:45am to 4pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 3:45am to 10am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 12:45am to 7am (PDT)
Saturday, August 20th Twitch stream times (starting 7:45am UTC):
- UK: 8:45am to 4pm (BST)
- Europe: 9:45am to 5pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 3:45am to 11am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 12:45am to 8am (PDT)
How Pokémon Go Twitch codes work
During the World Championships stream, the official Pokémon Go account will be regularly posting a code in the Twitch chat for you to redeem.
- The Pokémon Go Twitch code giveaway has finished for Friday. While this page will not be updated with new codes, the giveaway will continue on Saturday between 9am and 4pm UK time through the Pokémon Go Twitch channel. Tune in and check the chat throughout the day!
Codes from the chat will unlock the Team Building research quest, and must be redeemed within the hour of being shared. There are details on how to do this with our how to redeem promo codes explainer.
As well as the above, there is a code to be redeemed for event-specific avatar items. This will expire at the end of Sunday, once the event ends so be sure to redeem before then: WRGUZRVKRR2M3.
Previous expired codes (Friday):
- QAVH6MXRZ3XU3 (released 9am UK time on Friday)
- G7DW52LCKFTVW (released 10am UK time on Friday)
- WRGUZRVKRR2M3 (released 11am UK time on Friday)
- 6J67JEDMQF8D6 (released 12pm UK time on Friday)
- 8TXBLRC24MQC3 (released 1pm UK time on Friday)
- PW48KZ9G4PVNX (released 2pm UK time on Friday)
Previous expired codes (Thursday):
- TTYKCVDLP7K5C (released 9am UK time on Thursday)
- R3YJVKBDH5RUH (released 10am UK time on Thursday)
- NSNATBHDNNTDU (released 11am UK time on Thursday)
- DESQFCLP4CDPP (released 12pm UK time on Thursday)
- 947F4SY9LHBS7 (released 1pm UK time on Thursday)
- P7Y2G5M3SJF44 (released 2pm UK time on Thursday)
- VVRBFQV7S4BQP (released 3pm UK time on Thursday)
- 4YW5Z4EB6RV8U (released 4pm UK time on Thursday)
If a code doesn't work, you'll need to get a new code released on the next hour (or, if the event has ended, the next day). Also, you can only redeem one code - and all codes unlock the same Team Building quest. Finally, Niantic has said it may experience issues with codes being redeemed due to volume - so if that happens, try again shortly.
With the bot spamming a code non-stop, hopefully it all works for you. The very start of the stream had a confusing rollout, however - with a lot of spam in the chat and no codes until half an hour after Niantic's advertised time.
25,000 watching and the chat is a mess, with people either spamming !pokecode or trying to link their account to the bot. As far as I can tell, 20 minutes in and no Pokémon Go Twitch codes yet? pic.twitter.com/BJYa2dlClL— Matthew Reynolds (@Crazyreyn) August 18, 2022
Now, however, it's hard to miss a code - and as best as we can tell, redemption is going well. Enjoy the quest!
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Pokémon World Championship Twitch stream schedule
Beyond the above giveaway on the Pokémon Go Twitch channel, if you were interested to see what is happening at this year's Pokémon World Championships across all channels and games, here is the schedule across all three days in UK / BST time:
|Pokémon Go||9:30am - 5pm: Pokémon GO Last Chance Qualifier||9am - 3pm: Pokémon GO Main Double Elimination Bracket||9am - 4pm: Main Bracket Completes|
2pm - 4pm: Finals, trophy presentation
|Pokémon Video Game (VG)||9am - 8pm: VG Swiss Rounds||9am - 6pm: VG Swiss Rounds||9am - 3pm: VG Single Elimination Top Cut||12:30 pm: Junior Finals, Senior Finals, Masters Finals|
|Pokémon TCG||9am - 9pm: TCG Swiss Rounds||9am - 9:15 pm: TCG Swiss Rounds||9am - 7pm: TCG Single Elimination Top Cut||9 am: Junior Finals, Senior Finals, Masters Finals|
|Pokkén Tournament DX||9am - 5pm: Pokkén Tournament DX Last Chance Qualifier||9am - 6pm: Pokkén Tournament DX Main Double Elimination Bracket|
3:30 pm - 6 pm - Finals
|Pokémon UNITE||N/A||9am - 6pm: Group Stage||9am - 7:15 pm: Double Elimination Bracket|
5pm - 7:45 pm: Finals, trophy presentation
As well as all the above, know that from Thursday, 18th August there will be an in-game event for Pokémon Go, so even if you can't catch the above streams and get a code, you can still celebrate.
Best of luck with getting access to the Team Building quest!