Zamazenta is the second Gen 8 legendary, joining its partner Zacian, to arrive in Pokémon Go.
Zamazenta, like it's partner Zacian, has two forms - Hero of Many Battles and Crowned Shield. Currently, only the Hero of Many Battles form has been released in Pokémon Go and, to defeat it, you need to know Zamazenta's counters and weaknesses.
Like most legendary Pokémon, Zamazenta is available through five-star raids, which means, for the best chance of defeating it, you should team up with other trainers. Thanks to Remote Raid Passes, you can join one of these raids no matter where you are.
On this page:
Zamazenta counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Below you'll discover the counters and weaknesses for Zamazenta's Hero of Many Battles Form in Pokémon Go:
- Zamazenta type - Fighting-type
- Zamazenta is weak against - Fairy, flying and psychic-type
- Zamazenta counters - Togekiss, Gardevoir and Granbull for fairy-types. Moltres, Shadow Lugia, Shadow Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and Honchkrow for flying-types. Alakazam, Mewtwo, Espeon, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Hoopa (Unbound) and Tapu Lele for psychic-types.
- Other Zamazenta notes - A strong team of psychic-type Pokémon is perfect for battling Zamazenta, especially if you have a Mewtwo which knows Psystrike. You can also use a mixture of fairy and flying-types to bring Zamazenta down.
Zamazenta CP in Pokémon Go
Here are the CP ranges for fighting and catching Zamazenta in five-star raids:
- Raid Boss CP - 52,195 CP
- CP range when being caught - 2100 to 2188 CP
- Weather boosted CP range (Cloudy) when being caught - 2625 to 2735 CP
Thank you to Bryanrobledo6 from reddit for the help with this information!
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! The Along the Routes event is here, bringing Gift Exchange and the A Route to New Friendships quest with it. During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Zamazenta moveset in Pokémon Go
Zamazenta can use and learn a selection of Fast and Charged moves in Pokémon Go, including:
- Ice Fang (Ice)
- Metal Claw (Steel)
- Quick Attack (Normal)
- Snarl (Dark)
- Close Combat (Fighting)
- Crunch (Dark)
- Iron Head (Steel)
- Moonblast (Fairy)
Everything we know about Zamazenta
Zamazenta is, alongside Zacian, a member of the Hero duo who herald from the Galar region.
This duo appears to have taken inspiration from Arthurian legends and Zamazenta could be a reference to King Arthur's shield, which, depending on which source you're reading, is called Wynebgwrthucher or Pridwen.
This connection to armour and protection grows when you consider how parts of Zamazenta's body in its Crowned Shield form resemble the body armor given to horses during the medieval era.
Have fun adding Zamazenta to your Pokédex!