Even experienced trainers, however, should know the Tapu Lele counters and weaknesses before battling it. Hopefully you'll be able to catch this guardian deity and others - Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini!
On this page:
Tapu Lele counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Below you can find the counters and weaknesses for Tapu Lele in Pokémon Go:
- Tapu Lele type - Psychic and fairy-type
- Tapu Lele is weak against - Ghost, poison and steel-types
- Best Tapu Lele counters - Chandelure, Giratina and Hoopa for ghost, Nihilego and Overqwil for poison, Metagross and Dialga for steel.
- Tapu Lele resistances - Tapu Lele is resistant to dragon, fighting and psychic-types, so, if you're going to have Dialga in your team, we recommend focusing on its steel-type attacks.
Tapu Lele CP in Pokémon Go
Here you can find the CP Levels for battling and attempting to catch Tapu Lele in Pokémon Go:
- Tapu Lele Raid CP - 50,112 CP
- CP range for catching Tapu Lele - 1912 to 1996 CP
- Weather (Windy or Cloudy) boosted CP range - 2390 to 2496 CP
- Max Tapu Lele CP - 3950 CP
The Season of Timeless Travels has arrived in Pokémon Go! During it, take the time to try out Routes and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Tapu Lele best moveset in Pokémon Go
Our Tapu Lele best moveset recommendation is Confusion (Psychic, Fast) and Future Sight (Psychic, Charged) and Moonblast (Fairy, Charged) if you can afford a second Charged move.
Here is the complete set of Tapu Lele Fast and Charged moves in Pokémon Go:
- Astonish (Ghost)
- Confusion (Psychic)
- Focus Blast (Fighting)
- Future Sight (Psychic)
- Moonblast (Fairy)
- Psyshock (Psychic)
Everything else we know about Tapu Lele
Tapu Lele debuted in Pokémon Sun and Moon and acts as the guardian deity for Akala Island. If you want to catch it, however, you must first defeat the Elite Four.
There are three other guardian deities for you to track down in the Alola region - Tapu Koko for Melemele Island, Tapu Bulu for Ula'Ula Island and Tapu Fini for Poni Island. All of these guardian deities, including Tapu Lele, share the Land Spirit Pokémn category.
Tapu Lele appears to have been partly inspired by butterflies, which is why it appears to be hatching from a cocoon. Its name also appears to be a combination of the Hawaiian words for sacred or holy - tapu - and butterfly - pulelehua.
Good luck catching Tapu Lele!