Latios, one of the legendary Eon Pokémon, has appeared in Pokémon Go.
The male counterpart to Latias, Latios is a member of the legendary Eon Duo hailing from the Hoenn region. They’re both pretty similar Pokémon, and Mega Latios and Mega Latias are so similar that they’re idential to the untrained eye; for the avoidance of doubt, we’re talking about the blue one here.
Like all legendary Pokémon in Pokémon Go, Latios is available in five-star raids, so, if you want to add this Gen 3 legendary Pokémon to your Pokédex, you’ll have to beat it first. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a shiny Latios.
On this page:
Latios counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Below you’ll find a list of counters and weaknesses for Latios:
- Latios type – Dragon and Psychic
- Latios is weak against – Bug, Dark, Dragon, Fairy, Ghost and Ice types
- Latios mega counters – Mega Gengar, Mega Salamence and Mega Gardevoire. Of course, Mega Latios and Mega Latias are candidates, but like Mega Salamence, they will be naturally weak to Latios.
- Latios counters: – Rayquaza, Dialga, Salamence, Zekrom, Hydreigon, Giratina (Origin, ideally), Dragonite, Palkia, and Reshiram are your top choices here, but all of these are obviously weak to Dragons. If you want something less exposed, you're looking at Zacian, Darkrai, Gengar, Hoopa (Unbound) and Chandelure.
- Other Latios notes: Dragon is the type of choice when battling Latios, but comes with the risk of mutually assured destruction. If you don’t have many strong Dragon-type Pokémon, or you simply don’t want to use your body weight in Revives, perhaps consider Ghost, Dark, Ice or Fairy-types to beat Latios.
Latios CP in Pokémon Go
Latios will have the following CP ranges:
- Raid Boss CP – 52,220
- Latios max CP – 4310
- CP range for catching Latios – 2090 to 2178
- CP weather Boost CP (Windy) for catching Latios – 2613 to 2723
Latios Moveset in Pokémon Go
The biggest difference between Latios and Latias are their movesets. As of February 2023, Latios has the following moves in its move pool:
Latios Fast Moves:
- Dragon Breath (Dragon)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic)
Latios Charged Moves:
- Dragon Claw (Dragon)
- Luster Purge (Legacy, Psychic)
- Psychic (Psychic)
- Solar Beam (Grass)
The World of Wonders will soon be arriving in Pokémon Go. Don't forget to try out Routes, Gift Exchange and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Everything we know about Latios
Latios first appeared in Pokémon Go during April 2018 in Africa and the Americas. It could be fought in raids until May of that year, where it switched locations with Latias and became available in both Europe and Asia.
This legendary Pokémon has also been available through research task breakthroughs and special raid events, and the Shadow version was available by beating Team Go Rocket’s Giovanni for a while.
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire are the first mainline Pokémon games that Latios appeared in. While it was a roaming Pokémon in Ruby, Latios could only be found in Pokémon Sapphire if the player had an Eon Ticket. These tickets were only available at distribution events or by using the Eon Ticket e-Card with the e-Reader for the Game Boy Advance.
Latios shares its category, Eon, with Latias, which is how they got the nickname 'the Eon Duo'. It’s possible that their category refers to the concept of aeons in Gnosticism. This is the idea that aeons are the immaterial beings of concepts that exist in pairs of males and females, which are emanated from God.
The shiny version of Latios was released back in April 2019, and swaps its usual blue for a green hue. You can see a preview below, thanks to Reddit user Caio_Go.
Good luck catching Latios in Pokémon Go!