The Mischief Unbound event brings the Season of Mischief in Pokémon Go to a close.
Following on from the season-long quest Misunderstood Mischief - which, when completed, will make this event free to participate in - it sees a mysterious bottle and poem show up at Professor Willow's mobile lab, leading to a new Hoopa form for you to collect.
As well as research quest steps, there are also event bonuses, raid hours, spotlight hours and an avatar item over the event weekend.
On this page:
Mischief Unbound ticket and access in Pokémon Go explained
Mischief Unbound is a unique event in that the quest it's centered around can be free if you have fulfilled requirements elsewhere in the game.
Specifically, you must have completed all 16 steps in the Misunderstood Mischief quest.
If you have yet to complete it, don't worry - you have until the end of the Season of Mischief on Wednesday, December 1st at 9.59am local time to unlock the Mischief Unbound quest for free.
Otherwise, you can purchase access to the Mischief Unbound quest by paying $4.99 (or the regional equivalent) via the in-game shop. Note, if you do this, you must have at least unlocked Hoopa in Misunderstood Mischief in order to progress and complete Mischief Unbound.
Niantic has also said you can purchase a ticket even if you have unlocked the event for free - meaning you can run it twice, and get double the rewards (useful if you want some extra Hoopa candy).
Mischief Unbound quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all the challenges and rewards for the Mischief Unbound research quest in Pokémon Go. This section does contain spoilers for the entire quest, so, if you want to be surprised, we recommend skipping it.
The main reward is unlocking a second Hoopa form - Hoopa Unbound - which costs 50 Hoopa Candy and 10,000 Stardust. (You are, of course, welcome to change it back later). This unlocks after Step 2 of the quests are complete.
The Mischief Unbound research quest has no expiry date - so feel free to complete each step in your own time.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
'Mischief Unbound' Step 1 of 3
- Take a snapshot of Hoopa - x1000 Stardust
- Catch 20 Pokémon - x1 Lucky Egg
- Spin 3 PokéStops of Gyms - 3000 XP
Rewards: x1 Incense, 1x Poffin, x3 Golden Razz Berry
'Mischief Unbound' Step 2 of 3
- Make 7 Curveball Throws in a row - x1500 Stardust
- Use 20 Berries to help catch Pokémon - x1 Star Piece
- Complete 10 Field Research Tasks - 3000 XP
Rewards: x1 Incense, 1x Super Incubator, x3 Silver Pinap Berry, and ability to change Hoopa forms
'Mischief Unbound' Step 3 of 3
- Earn 7 Hearts with your buddy - x2000 Stardust
- Catch 20 different species of Pokémon - x3 Premium Raid Passes
- Win 3 raids - 4000 XP
Rewards: x50 Hoopa Candy, x10,000 Stardust, Hoopa T-Shirt Avatar Item
Mischief Unbound field research tasks
During the Mischief Unbound event in Pokémon Go, you'll be able to collect a number of exclusive field research tasks by spinning PokéStops. These tasks can be saved and completed once the event ends - so feel free to hold onto them if you wish.
Here are the Mischief Unbound field research tasks and their rewards:
- Catch 5 Pokémon reward - x5 Pokéballs, x3 Great Balls, x2 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon reward - x10 Pokéballs, x7 Great Balls, x5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 20 Pokémon reward - x25 Pokéballs, x20 Great Balls, x15 Ultra Balls
- Catch 50 Pokémon reward - x2 Rare Candy
- Transfer 10 Pokémon reward - x4 Razz Berries, x2 Pinap Berries
- Transfer 20 Pokémon reward - x1 Silver Pinap Berry
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information.
The Season of Adventures Abound is here! You can also work on the Timed Investigation: Master Ball quest and compete in the Go Battle League. Be sure to compete in Shadow Raids, complete Routes, use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres. This incense may also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Mischief Unbound event dates, bonuses and event activities
As well as the storyline, there are a number of bonuses and activities which you can participate in - whether you have access to the quest or not.
The Mischief Unbound event dates and times are between Friday, November 26th at 10am local time to Monday, November 29th at 8pm local time.
- 2x Transfer Candy and 2x Catch Candy bonuses
- Raid Hours for the following at 6pm and 7pm over the event weekend:
- Friday 26th: Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres
- Saturday 27th: Heatran
- Sunday 28th: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel
- Monday 29th: Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion
- Spotlight Hours between 12pm and 1pm over the event weekend:
- Friday 26th: Rattata
- Saturday 27th: Sableye
- Sunday 28th: Pikachu
- Monday 29th: Beldum
Finally, completing the Mischief Unbound quest will grant you a Hoopa T-Shirt avatar item. If you don't / can't complete the quest, it will be available for purchase in the in-game shop once the event ends:
Good luck unlocking and completing the Mischief Unbound quest!