The Fortnite helicopter has returned in Chapter 3 Season 2.
Similar to the X-4 Stormwing, the Choppa offers the fastest way to traverse the map - provided you know the helicopter locations of course.
Below you will find all the current Choppa locations in Fortnite this season. All of the helicopters have now been unlocked!
On this page:
Where is the Choppa in Fortnite: How to find a helicopter explained
All five of the Choppas have now been fully funded in Fortnite, which means that, if you want to take to the sky, there are five different locations you can visit to find one.
It's important to note that other players can take the helicopter, so there is a chance you'll miss your chance to fly one in a match. If this does happen, however, you may find it somewhere else during the match - as long as it hasn't been destoryed, of course.
Helicopters are also not guaranteed to spawn, which means that a helicopter might not in its set location simply because its not present in your current match. If this happens, visit another helicopter location to see one is waiting for you there or simply revisit this location in another match to see if one appears.
Fortnite helicopter locationsThere are five helicopter locations in Fortnite:
- Seven Outpost northwest of Logjam Lumberyard
- Seven Outpost west of Command Cavern
- Seven Outpost southwest of Greasy Grove
- Seven Outpost southeast of Chonker's Speedway
- Seven Outpost northeast of The Daily Bugle
There are other Seven Outposts on the map, but only these five locations can contain a Choppa. Every helicopter has now been fully funded, but it's worth noting that, just like other vehicles, helicopters are not guaranteed to spawn.
Logjam Lumberyard helicopter location
This Choppa can be found by the circular grey platform northwest of Logjam Lumberyard, behind the Seven Outpost buildings near the edge of the mountainside.
Command Cavern helicopter locationGo west of Command Cavern and head to the Seven Outpost in the middle bend of the northside of the river. The helicopter is just past the circular grey platform.
Greasy Grove helicopter locationTo find this Choppa, go to the Seven Outpost just past the burnt craters found southwest of Greasy Grove. The vehicle is parked on the grass between two trees, near the area's grey circular platform.
Chonker's Speedway helicopter location
To find this Choppa, visit the Seven Outpost east of Chonker's Speedway and directly south of Condo Canyon. Once there you'll find the helicopter on top of a rock near one of the buildings.
The Daily Bugle helicopter location
This Choppa can be found on the western outskirts of the Seven Outpost north-east of The Daily Bugle. If you're having trouble locating this helicopter, head to the path which leads north to the nearby beach - if the Choppa is in this match, it will be sitting along this path.
Chapter 3 Season 2 has arrived! New additions include the Prowler skin, along with the return of jetpacks and Choppas. As we enter Season 2's final month, it's a good idea to know how to get XP fast in Fortnite. You can also complete Resistance challenges, including collecting signal jammers and finding an energy fluctuation. Don't forget about the Seasonal challenges, which include planting saplings and call an Air Strike on a tank. Meanwhile Victory Crowns and the character collection have returned, along with a new Victory Umbrella to earn.
What else do you need to know about the helicopter in Fortnite?
Once you have found a helicopter, though flying is fairly self explanatory - the controls will appear on the screen - you should know height is controlled independently, allowing you to vertically go up and down without moving. Pretty useful!
Other things you should know about the helicopter in Fortnite at a glance:
- It can hold up to five players total - four riding in the back, and one piloting.
- Though players riding in the back and look and shoot out the sides, the helicopter itself doesn't have weaponry. This means in solo modes, the helicopter can only really be used to traverse the map.
- That said, the rotors can clip onto buildings and destroy trees, so watch how you fly!
- The Choppa takes fuel, so if you want to go for an extended flight, make sure to bring gas cans with you.
- In a nod to Apocalypse Now, you can use a loudspeaker as you fly to play Ride of the Valkyries.
- You can keep the helicopter hovering in the air once you take off - just watch out for other players taking shots!
- If you leap from the Choppa, there will be no parachute - so only do so at a low height or by diving straight into water.
Have fun flying the Choppas!
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.