Resident Evil Revelations is now up there with the original game and its groundbreaking fourth outing when it comes to its prevalence on other platforms.
Making waves as the first original and fully-fledged Resident Evil game on a Nintendo handheld, it has since been ported on consoles and PC in subsequent years - most recently on PS4 and Xbox One, and later this year on Switch, bringing its episodic format back to its handheld roots.
This Resident Evil Revelation walkthrough will give you a full breakdown of every chapter, puzzle and boss encounter, plus we have Resident Evil Revelations guides on optional activities such as handprints and Raid mode.
Resident Evil Revelations walkthrough
Though you jump between characters in different locations, Resident Evil Revelations is a linear affair, so you can follow the below pages in order.
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 1: Into the Depths
- Resident Evil Revelations - Investigate Corpse, Get a 100% analysis, Join up with O'Brian
- Resident Evil Revelations - Search for the Key, Crew Quarter's Area Key location
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 2, Double Mystery: Head for the crash site
- Resident Evil Revelations - Escape the Room with the Screwdriver
- Resident Evil Revelations - Retrieve Handgun, Head for the Bridge
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 3, Ghosts of Veltro: Escape the office block
- Resident Evil Revelations - Helm Key, Communication Room key locations
- Resident Evil Revelations - Mutant Communication Officer boss
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 4, A Nightmare Revisited: Casino, Iron Anchor Key
- Resident Evil Revelations - Rachael boss fight, get the key to the lift
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 5, Secrets Uncovered: Search the hideout
- Resident Evil Revelations - Search for the engine room, restart power to the ship
- Resident Evil Revelations - Head for the crash site, start up the terminal
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 6, Cat and Mouse: Search for Jill, Trident Key
- Resident Evil Revelations - Close the bulkhead, observation deck boss
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 7, The Regia Solis: Head to the Deck options
- Resident Evil Revelations - Head to the Control Room and beat the countdown clock
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 8, All on the Line: Make it out of the flood
- Resident Evil Revelations - Go to the laboratory, beat the Scarmiglione
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 9, No Exit - Find the PC, startup the power generator
- Resident Evil Revelations - Stop the Virus, authentication passcode location
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 10, Tangled Webs: Head for the Bridge options
- Resident Evil Revelations - Get off the ship, rescue Parker
- Resident Evil Revelations - Episode 11, Revelations: Tentacle boss Malacoda
- Resident Evil Revelations - Go to the Command Room, Tourniquet medical supplies
Other Resident Evil Revelations guides
Resident Evil Revelations tips
- Don't neglect your melee weapon: In the event that you run out of ammo during a fight, your knife can be a real lifesaver. What's more, there are times - particularly when battling against weaker enemies - that it's actually strategically smarter to use your melee weapon, conserving ammo for the bigger beasts. You can do even more damage with your knife by holding down the appropriate button and charging up your attack prior to taking a swing.
- Become the master of dodging: Many enemies will attempt to attack at very close range - and the ship's claustrophobic corridors can make it tricky to escape. It's imperative that you learn to effectively use the dodge move to avoid getting pinned into a corner. You'll want to deploy it immediately before a creature strikes in order to slip by unharmed.
- Use your quick-turn: This lets you to do a near-instant 180-degree turn. Frequently throughout the game, enemies will attack in large groups, coming in from all sides, or do their best to slip around to the rear. Deploy your quick-turn often so that you can quickly scan your surroundings for incoming trouble, or about-face and attack when something gets behind you.
- Scan everywhere: Early on, you'll gain access to a scanner which can reveal otherwise-invisible items hidden around the environment. Get into the habit scanning the area every time you enter a new room. This will help you locate all 30 hidden handprints in the game (which will net you some achievements and unlockables), and, more importantly, will reveal ammo and health supplies. Supplies can get pretty low as the game proceeds, so scanning around to uncover items can be invaluable when you're stuck in a tight spot.
- Scan enemies and bosses too: Not only will scanning all opponents in the game earn you an achievement, you also get a health item whenever you scan enough of the same creature to reach 100% analysis. This number will reset at 100%, meaning that you can continue to scan the same creatures for more goodies. Additionally, you'll only need to scan a boss creature once to secure an immediate health item - which can be very useful indeed.
Additional reporting by Matthew Reynolds.