Mew Masterwork Research, known as All-in-One #151 is the first Masterwork Research quest in Pokémon Go and completing it allows you to catch a shiny Mew.
First, however, you need to complete the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Special Research quest. You can only access this quest, however, if you've purchased a ticket for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event and played Pokémon Go during said event.
Once you've unlocked Mew Masterwork Research, get ready to face a series of tough challenges on your path to catching the shiny form for Mew - the first ever mythical Pokémon in the series!
On this page:
How All-in-One #151 Masterwork Research works in Pokémon Go
All-in-One #151 is the first Masterwork Research quest to be released in Pokémon Go and completing it add a shiny Mew to your Pokémon collection.
Masterwork Research quests are designed to be far longer than the original special research quests like A Mythical Discovery. Due to this All-in-One #151 contains challenges which, depending on your Trainer Level and experience with Pokémon Go, may take you months to complete.
To unlock All-in-One #151 you must have first purchased a ticket for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto and then played Pokémon Go during this event on Saturday, 20th February.
Doing so will grant you access to the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Special Research quest. You will now have to complete this quest in its entirety to unlock the All-in-One #151. Thankfully, this quest doesn't have a deadline, so feel free to take your time.
After you've achieved this feat, you can start working towards that shiny Mew encounter!
research tasks, consists of a number of steps, which, themselves, contain a series of challenges. To progress through the quest you need to complete the challenges assigned to the step you're currently on. Each individual challenge and step has its own set of rewards, including items, XP and Pokémon encounters.
Since it contains a number of difficult challenges, All-in-One #151 has no deadline.
All-in-One #151 quest steps in Pokémon
Below you can find each step, challenge and reward for the All-in-One #151 Masterwork Research quest in Pokémon Go. Remember - this quest is designed to take you a considerable amount of time, so don't feel like you have to rush playing Pokémon Go.
This section does contain spoilers, so, if you'd rather remain surprised, please skip to the next section.
Thank you to TastyBananaPeppers from reddit for the help with this information.
'All-in-One #151' Step 1 of 4
- Platinum Kanto medal - 51 Ultra Balls
- Send 151 Gifts to friends - 1 Poffin
- Make 151 Great Throw - 1510 Stardust
Rewards: 5100 XP, 1 Premium Battle Pass and 1510 Stardust
'All-in-One #151' Step 2 of 4
- Catch a Pokémon for 30 days in a row - 51 Ultra Balls
- Catch 151 different species of Pokémon - 1 Glacial Lure
- Catch 30 of each of the following Pokémon types: Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Dark and Fairy - 151 XP for each set of 30 Pokémon
Rewards: 5100 XP, 1510 Stardust and 3 Rare Candy
'All-in-One #151' Step 3 of 4
- Reach Level 40 - 4000 Stardust
- Spin 151 PokéStops - 3 Rocket Radar
- Complete 151 Field Research tasks - 3 Super Incubator
- Walk 151 km - 151 Ultra Balls
- Catch 1510 Pokémon - 1 Incense
Rewards: 1 Star Piece, 1 Lucky Egg and a Shiny Mew encounter
'All-in-One #151' Step 4 of 4
- Claim Reward - 1510 Stardust
- Claim Reward - 5100 XP
- Claim Reward - 1510 Stardust
Rewards: 3 Charged TM, 20 Mew Candy and Shiny Mew Shirt
Currently available is the Astral Eclipse event, which brings the A Cosmic Companion special research quest of the Season of Light to a close. You can also finally evolve Cosmoem into Solgaleo or Lunala! Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres.
Tips on how to complete the All-in-One #151 in Pokémon Go
Below you can find some tips which will help you complete the All-in-One #151 in Pokémon Go:
- Always remember that this quest is designed to take a long time, so don't feel pressured if you can't complete a challenge yet. Instead, simply continue playing Pokémon Go until you reach the medal or Trainer Level you need to progress.
- Remember to use berries to make catching Pokémon easier.
- The special Lure Modules - Glacial, Magnetic and Mossy - all attracted a specific type of Pokémon, making it easier to find rare Pokémon types.
- If you're having trouble earning those Great Throw, try catching Pokémon with large catch circles, like Mr. Mime, which should help you judge your catches better.
Good luck hunting down shiny Mew in Pokémon Go!