Destiny 2's Microphasic Datalattice is one of one several materials you need to Infuse weapons and armour.
You'll find it from a variety of Nessus activities and daily Nessus challenges.
On this page:
Where to find Microphasic Datalattice in Destiny 2
Similar to the original Destiny, there are planetary materials to look out for as you roam. These appear at random on the edges of pathways, buildings or perched on structures. One of them is Microphasic Datalattice, which you'll find on Nessus.
Like chests, by default they won't appear on your heads-up display and it's only when you are up close that you can collect them.
If you are farming them, then the easiest way is to roam around, using your Sparrow where you can, and keep your eyes peeled for glowing objects, or simply do other activities or Challenges, and you'll naturally come across them.
You can also get Ghosts or use Scout Reports to help display them when you are in a certain radius, too.
As well as out in Patrol, you can receive Microphasic Datalattice as a reward where you previously received Nessus planetary Tokens. These include:
- Patrol missions
- Public Events
- Opening loot chests
- Defeating high-powered enemies and opening the chest that appears
- Completing Lost Sectors, Adventures and other missions on Nessus
- Daily Challenges on Nessus
It can also be purchased from Spider, the vendor in Forsaken's The Tangled Shore area.
Solstice 2022 is here, with new resources Silver Leaves and Kindling. You can also pick up weapons Something New and the return of Compass Rose. Elsewhere, Season of the Haunted continues. Get up to speed with our levelling guide ahead of tackling the Duality dungeon, and learn how to collect Calus Bobblehead locations, Calus Automaton locations and find all Opulent Key chests. For The Witch Queen, learn how to get Exotics including Dead Messenger and Parasite. Late last year, we saw the Bungie 30th Anniversary, which introduced the Grasp of Avarice dungeon, Strange Coins and new Exotics, including the Gjallarhorn and Forerunner.
Destiny 2 Nessus activities explained
The planet Nessus offers a number of set activities you can view on the map as you play through the game's story and beyond.
Landing Zones / Fast Travel points:
- Watcher's Grave (unlocked automatically)
- Artifact's Edge (unlocked automatically)
- Exodus Black (unlocked automatically)
- The Cistern (unlocked automatically)
Adventures are mini-story missions with simple objectives in return for randomised (but capped) gear. As always, make sure you tackle Adventures at their recommended Power level.
|Adventure Name||Unlocks Completing||Recommended Power||Reward|
|Release||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Lost Crew||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Invitation from the Emperor||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Unbreakable||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Deep Conversation||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Hack the Planet||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
|Exodus Siege||Looped and Six||90||Rare / Blue Gear|
Exotic weapon quests
As well as Adventures - which unlock over the course of the story - there are a couple of exotic quests that can be chipped away at from Nessus. First, there's the quest for Sturm and Drang, which you'll get from Failsafe after completing the main story, and can be completed in its entirety on the planet.
There's also an important step for getting the Legend of Acrius exotic weapon that plays out on Nessus, once you have completed the Leviathan Raid.
This questline has you kill Cabal on Nessus - you can head to the Legend of Acrius and World Eater guide for more on how. Once complete, you'll unlock the next step in getting the elusive exotic.
Nessus has several Lost Sector mini-dungeons, and with Challenges often asking you to complete one a day, it pays to know where they are and how to complete them.
- Artifacts Edge: The Orrery
- The Tangle: Ancient's Haunt
- The Cistern: The Conflux
- Glade of Echoes: The Carrion Pit
- Exodus Black: The Rift
Being one of the larger areas, Nesus has plenty of Public Events to hop into. Use your map to see where and when these begin, and don't forget to try and trigger the Heroic Public Event variant to unlock more rewards.
- Glimmer Extraction
- Injection Rig
- Disrupt Vex Construction
- Ether Resupply
It's worth paying attention to the location of the current week's Flashpoint - if it is Nessus, then you'll unlock a Powerful Gear Milestone after a number of Public Events completed.
Not unlike the 'golden chests' from the first Destiny, each planet has a number of one-off chests you can discover and open. Each one contains three Tokens for that planet, some Glimmer and a chance at a loot drop (up to the 260/270 cap). Though they are marked on the map, our Destiny 2 Region Chests page explains their exact positions.
Pikes, Vex enemy locations and other Nessus Challenges explained
Each day at 10am UK time, the server will 'reset' a number of activities in the game. The foremost of these are each activities Challenges, giving you a new checklist of objectives to complete as you explore the Nessus Patrol space.
You will be given three to complete each day. The following is not an exhaustive list as new Challenges may emerge as days go on, but will give you an idea of what to expect and how to complete them.
- Scourge of the Vex: Defeat 75 Vex Enemies - Vex are found all over the surface of Nessus, but will appear in droves at certain Public Events and inside Lost Sectors. That means completing other activities will help you unlock these, so concentrate on other Challenges and you should get most of your way through this without needing to grind.
- Nessus Scavenger: Gather 10 Datalattice - As mentioned above, these are found at random throughout the planet, but do note that there are mutliple types of Datalattice, and all of them count. It's one of the tougher Challenges due to its unpredictable nature, but we'd suggest performing other Challenges and Public Events, and you should come across them naturally without hopefully needing to grind.
- Pikejacked: Steal a Fallen Pike and use it to kill 20 enemies - The best place to nab yourself a Pike is from the area around the fallen ship, Exodus Black, near Failsafe. Pick off a rider by aiming for headshots, rather than at the Pike itself, and the enemies should be fairly easy picking from there.
- Lost Sectors: Lost a Lost Sector in a specific area - Simply head to the specified area, then find and complete one of these mini-dungeons, with the Challenge completing when you pick up the loot at the end. If you're struggling, our Lost Sectors page can help you find one.
- Event Horizon: Successfully complete a public event - You will find where and when these occur on your map. Don't forgot to attempt to trigger the Heroic Public Event for bonus rewards - though it's not required for this Challenge.
- Walking the Beat: Complete 3 Patrols - First unlock Patrol Missions as part of Cayde's Patrol Milestone set of quests, and pick up and finish three of these mini-missions. We recommended grabbing a kill or drop-based Patrol and then undertaking a nearby Public Event to tick off two activities at once.
Additional reporting by Matthew Reynolds.