There is a shiny Electabuzz in Pokémon Go, but that's not the only reason why this week's Spotlight Hour is worth participating in.
On this page you'll learn why you should spend some time catching Gen 1's Electabuzz during the hour-long event, including the opportunity to catch a 100% perfect IV Electabuzz and a preview of shiny Electabuzz.
In other Pokémon Go news, the Dragonspiral Descent event started today, which includes the release of Druddigon, as the Season of Heritage continues. You can also complete the Stardust challenge throughout December for a neat Deino hat.
On this page:
Electabuzz's 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go explained
An excellent reason to partake in this week's Spotlight Hour is the chance to find an Electabuzz with perfect IV stats in Pokémon Go.
An Electabuzz with the best possible IV stats can be transformed into a powerful Electivire - with the help of a Sinnoh Stone and 100 Electabuzz candy - which can be used to great effect in both raids and the Go Battle League.
The CP values - which correspond to perfect 15/15/15 are as follows:
- Level 30 (wild CP maximum) - 2001
- Level 35 (weather boosted CP maximum) - 2167
Don't forget - the wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach Level 30. If you're currently below Level 30, then the CP values will be different from the ones listed above. Since the majority of the player base is now above Level 30 though, we kept to the values above to keep things simple.
The Season of Mythical Wishes has seen Kecleon finally being released in Pokémon Go! The Lunar New Year event has also returned for 2023! Don't forget to partake in the new Go Battle League season. Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres.
Is there a shiny Electabuzz in Pokémon Go?
There is a shiny version of Electabuzz in Pokémon Go.
This form debuted on November, 14th 2018 as part of the Hatchathon event. You can also evolve any shiny Electabuzz into a shiny Electivire if you have both 100 Electabuzz candy and a Sinnoh Stone.
It's important to remember that the Spotlight Hour will only increase the amount of Electabuzz spawning in the wild - not your chance of encountering a shiny version. This means you'll still be working under the same shiny odds as you do when a Spotlight Hour isn't running, so there's a chance you might not find a shiny Electabuzz.
What does shiny Electabuzz look like?
The difference between a regular Electabuzz and a shiny one is obvious - it's yellow colouring changes to a burnt orange colour:
Other reasons to catch as many Electabuzz as possible
Aside from the chance to catch a shiny Electabuzz, there are a number of reasons to partake in the Electabuzz Spotlight Hour:
- The Spotlight Hour is a good time to evolve an Electabuzz into an Electivire for either the Pokédex entry, use in battles or maybe you've gotten lucky and have a spare shiny Electabuzz. No matter the reason, remember you need both 100 Electabuzz candy and a Sinnoh Stone for this evolution.
- Don't forget about the Spotlight Hour bonus - this week it's double transfer candy. This might not seem like the most useful of bonuses on the surface, but it's perfect if you've been storing up Pokémon or simply want to receive a reward from having a Pokémon Storage tidy. It's also very helpful if you're planning on evolving an Electabuzz, because it helps gather the candy you need for said evolution and any powering up you might want to do.
- The Dragonspiral Descent event started today which means a number of dragon-type Pokémon are appearing more frequently in the wild. While Electabuzz will be dominating the Spotlight Hour, you might still encounter one of these Pokémon.
- Druddigon has been finally released as part of the Dragonspiral Descent event and, while it's not appearing in the wild, you might find it in a three-star raid during Spotlight Hour. We do recommend battling it alongside other trainers though!
- Electabuzz is an electric-type Pokémon, so catching them will help you make progress on the electric catch bonus medal.
Spotlight Hour, as the name suggests, only lasts for an hour - from 6pm to 7pm (local time) - but don't worry if you can't partake this week. Next week sees Magmar take the spotlight with a double evolution XP bonus!