Destiny 2 Season of the Seraph - also known as Season 19 - is the last major update before Destiny 2: Lightfall.
The new season brings with it a new Dungeon, changes to Crucible, and a whole host of rebalances to weapons and abilities.
Here's when Season 19 will end and everything we know that's coming soon.
On this page:
Destiny 2 Season of the Seraph roadmap
The Season 19 roadmap, which takes us from December to February, includes the following confirmed activities:
- Tuesday, December 6th: Season of the Seraph launches, alongside updated Crucible, weapon and ability balances, as well as Moments of Triumph 2022.
- Friday, December 9th: New Dungeon arrives.
- Tuesday, December 20th: Revision Zero Exotic becomes available.
- Tuesday, January 3rd: Iron Banner and new Fortress mode arrives.
In addition to those dates, Guardians can expect more Iron Banner, Trials of Osiris, and The Dawning to take place sometime during Season 19.
What's new in Destiny 2 Season of the Seraph?
Season 19 of Destiny 2 brings with it a number of changes to the Crucible, Guardian abilities, and weapons - plus the return of Moments of Triumph.
Here is a quick roundup of what to expect:
Match made activity Heist Battlegrounds as part of the Warmind-focused weekly storyline.
From December 20th, Exotic Mission Operation: Seraph's Shield will provide access to Exotic Revision Zero, with multiple catalysts available in the weeks that follow.
In the Crucible, players can expect the following playlists:
- Quickplay - Control and Clash using “loose” skill-based matchmaking
- Weekly Rotator - Momentum Control, Mayhem, Team Scorched, Rift, and Rumble, using connection-based matchmaking
- Competitive Division - random selection of Survival, Rift, and Showdown using skill-based matchmaking
- Crucible Labs - showcasing a 3v3 Rift with asymmetric maps, with 25% reputation bonus
- Private Match: custom games between friends
There will also be updates to the limited time events:
- Trials of Osiris: replaces Crucible Labs, uses existing ticket-based system
- Iron Banner: replaces Quickplay, using “loose” skill-based matchmaking
For abilities, Guardians will see some changes based on subclass. While the full list of changes is extensive, a few in particular are worth highlighting.
- Healing from Restoration is being tuned down, and no longer stacks with Healing Rift
- Knock Em’ down provides increased damage resistance for Deadshot Golden Gun, fewer bonus projectiles for Blade Barrage
- Buff close-range melee damage for Celestial Fire Warlocks
- Vortex Nova Bomb has increased projectile speed and inward pull of enemies on impact
- Increased Tether duration on Deadfall Shadowshot arrows, decreased duration on Mobius Quiver arrows
- Decreased Touch of Thunder Storm Grenade duration
- Ballistic Slam, Tempest Strike, Arc Soul all do increased damage in PVE
- Boost to Ball Lighting range and Chain lighting damage
- Increased speed penalty to slowed enemies
- Improved Coldsnap Grenade enemy tracking
Weapons are undergoing a number of changes. Highlights are:
- The weakening debuff from Divinity is being cut from 30% to 15%
- Deep Stone Crypt weapons are become Deepsighted and craftable
- A new exotic weapon is being added, with anti-champion functionality
Destiny 2 Season of the Seraph end date: When will Season 19 end?
Destiny 2 Season 19 has a release date of Tuesday, 6th December, and will end on Tuesday, 28th February at the usual weekly reset times.
There are, however, other things to complete before the next season arrives...
The Season of the Seraph is here alongside More than a Weapon, Seraph Key Codes and Resonate Stems and the addition of Rose in Crucible. You can also complete the Good Boy Protocol secret quest to make a new friend. We've also seen a new dungeon, Spire of the Watcher, with has a chance of Hierarchy of Needs dropping upon completion. Earliear this year we had the arrival of King's Fall and King's Fall challenges, plus weapons including Doom of Chelchis and Touch of Malice. For The Witch Queen, learn how to get Dead Messenger and Parasite.
What should you do before Season of the Seraph ends?
As with every season, there's a checklist of things to do before the season concludes. This includes:
- Claiming any seasonal titles you have earned.
- Watch the ending of the seasonal storyline. Usually, this doesn't require you to complete the season-long quest - for Season 18, this was Sails of the Shipstealer - and though this will be playable until Lightfall and Year 6 begins, this ending expired when Season 19 arrived.
- Reaching Legend rank in any matchmade activities - Crucible, Gambit or Strikes - and redeeming their vendor specific rewards.
- Redeeming any remaining season pass rewards across all classes.
- Having some completed Bounties ready, as well as maxing out relevant materials and Glimmer, to give you a head start for the start of next season.
With until the end of February to get everything you need, there should hopefully be plenty of time. Enjoy your space buccaneering in the meantime!