Suicune is returning to raids in Pokémon Go for a limited time.
Though you might have thought it several times in the past - or received it as part of previously monthly Field Research - you might want a higher CP or IV version, or a chance to get that elusive shiny version - which is where learning the various Suicune counters and weaknesses comes in handy.
On this page:
Suicune counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Here is a list of Suicune counters to help you add it your Pokédex:
- Suicune type: Ice
- Suicune is weak against: Grass, Electric
- Suicune counters: Raikou, Electivire, Zapdos, Roserade, Alolan Exeggutor, Breloom
- Other Suicune notes: Two weaknesses give you many Pokémon to counter this with - including fellow legendary beast Raikou!
- Suicune dates: Monday September 2nd to Monday September 9th
Suicune CP in Pokémon Go
Suicune will have the following CP ranges during the catch and level up phase:
- Suicune Boss CP - 37,761
- Max Suicune CP with 100% IVs at level 40 - 2983
Suicune Moveset in Pokémon Go
Suicune will be able to learn and use a variety of moves in Pokémon Go, including:
Suicune Fast Moves:
- Extrasensory (Psychic)
- Snarl (Dark)
Suicune Charged Moves:
- Bubble Beam (Water)
- Hydro Pump (Water)
- Ice Beam (Ice)
- Water Pulse (Water)
The first Gen 5 Pokémon have arrived! These include new regional exclusive Pokémon, Egg charts, and the introduction of the Unova Stone. Elsewhere this year we've also seen new Adventure Sync rewards, a Jirachi quest, Team Rocket Invasions and freeing Shadow Pokémon, as well as monthly Field Research rewards. Complete the Looming in the Shadows special research quest line to fight against the invading Team Go Rocket Leaders! Finally, Niantic Wayfarer has been announced and is coming to players soon.