It's a strange type combination of bug and steel, which opens up a lot of move possibilities in Pokémon Go. It is great for battling grass types, and its steel moves can really pack a punch against ice and rock types.
However, you will still need to beat Mega Scizor in raids first - which is where learning about the Mega Scizor counters and Mega Scizor weakness will come in handy.
On this page:
Mega Scizor counters and weaknesses in Pokémon Go
Below you can find the Mega Scizor's weaknesses, with some counter suggestions, to help you defeat it in Pokémon Go:
- Mega Scizor type - Bug / Steel
- Mega Scizor weakness - Fire
- Mega Scizor counters - Charizard, Chandelure, Volcarona, Blaziken and Ho-oh.
- Other Mega Scizor notes - Thankfully, battling Mega Scizor is straightforward - as you'll want to fill your team with your strongest fire-type Pokémon, which will have a strong advantage. If you can add in a steel or ghost type too, you'll avoid being hit hard by steel and bug moves.
Mega Scizor CP in Pokémon Go
The CP values for both fighting and catching are as follows:
- Raid Boss CP - 45,403
- CP range when being caught - 1636-1714 CP
- Maximum weather boosted CP (Cloudy) when being caught - 2046-2143 CP
Currently live is the Fashion Week event, and along with it the debut of Mareanie and Toxapex. Recently, we've seen the arrival of Season of Light and special research quest A Cosmic Companion. Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres. There's also a new special research quest - A Mysterious Incense. Finally - don't forget about the new Prime Gaming rewards every fortnight.
Scizor Moveset in Pokémon Go
Scizor, like every Pokémon in Pokémon Go, can use a variety of Fast and Charged Moves.
If you want to know the best Scizor moveset, we recommend Fury Cutter (Fast) and Iron Head (Charged).
However, you may want to opt for something else - here are the full set of moves available:
- Fury Cutter (Bug)
- Bullet Punch (Steel)
- Iron Head (Steel)
- X-Scissor (Bug)
- Night Slash (Dark)
Good luck battling Mega Scizor in Pokémon Go!