Pokémon Go Animation Week Research quest: How to complete each quest task and everything you need to know about Animation Week explained
How to complete the Timed Research quest for Animation Week!
The Animation Week Research quest is a Research quest that's only available during the Animation week event in Pokémon Go.
This Timed Research questline is inspired by Pokémon Journeys: The Series and the challenges you'll complete are based off the events in the anime.
There's also a number of bonuses running throughout Animation week in Pokémon Go that you can enjoy both during and after you've completed NAME.
On this page:
'Animation Week Research' dates and times in Pokémon Go explained
Animation Week Research is a special Timed Research questline running during Animation week, which celebrates Pokémon Journeys: The Series, in Pokémon Go.
The Animation Week Research quest is only available during Animation week which is running between Friday, 6th November to Thursday 12th November. Timewise, this event starts at 8am (local time) and 10pm (local time).
Animation Week Research consists of 11 quest steps, with rewards for every challenge and overall step you complete. Since Animation Week Research is a Timed Research questline, you must complete it before the end of Animation week or else you won't be able to earn all of its rewards.
There's also a number of other bonuses that you can enjoy during Animation week, including a surprise in Go Snapshot and increased spawns for specific Pokémon.
'Animation Week Research' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you can find all of the challenges and rewards for the Animation Week Research Timed Research quest in Pokémon Go. This section does contain spoilers, so, if you'd rather be surprised by the questline, we suggest skipping this section.
It's also important to remember that Animation Week Research will only be available during Animation week, so, if you want to fully complete this quest, you need to do it before the event ends.
'Animation Week Research' Step 1 of 11
- Catch 5 Pokémon - x3 Razz Berries
- Transfer a Pokémon - x3 Super Potions
- Make 3 Nice Throws - x5 PokéBalls
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and World Cap Pikachu encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 2 of 11
- Battle another Trainer - x3 Hyper Potions
- Battle in a Raid - x3 Revives
- Win a Raid - x1 Incense
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and x1 Sinnoh Stone
'Animation Week Research' Step 3 of 11
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - x20 Mega Venusaur Energy
- Catch 2 Pokémon with Weather Boost - x20 Mega Venusaur Energy
- Catch 3 Grass-type Pokémon - x20 Mega Venusaur Energy
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and Ivysaur encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 4 of 11
- Give your Buddy 3 treats - x3 Razz Berries
- Earn a heart with your Buddy - x5 Pinap Berries
- Earn a Candy walking with your Buddy - x5 Nanab Berries
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and a Snorlax encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 5 of 11
- Catch 3 Bug-type Pokémon - x3 Pinap Berries
- Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon - x3 Great Balls
- Make an Excellent Throw - Venonat encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and a Scyther encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 6 of 11
- Battle in a Gym 2 times - x1 Fast TM
- Win a Gym Battle - Hariyama encounter
- Battle another Trainer - x3 Super Potions
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and x1 Charged TM
'Animation Week Research' Step 7 of 11
- Hatch an Egg - Tentacool encounter
- Spin 3 PokéStops or Gyms - Croagunk encounter
- Spin 3 PokéStops or Gyms - Piplup encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and a Psyduck encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 8 of 11
- Make 3 Nice Throws in a Row - Cyndaquil encounter
- Catch a Flying-type Pokémon - Hoothoot encounter
- Purify a Shadow Pokémon - x1 Lucky Egg
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and Fearow encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 9 of 11
- Evolve 3 Pokémon - x1 Silver Pinap Berry
- Power Up Pokémon 3 times - Dratini encounter
- Transfer 5 Pokémon - Dewgong encounter
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and x1 Dragon Scale
'Animation Week Research' Step 10 of 11
- Catch 5 Pokémon - x10 Ultra Balls
- Make 3 Great Throws - Magnemite encounter
- Battle in a Raid - x3 Max Revives
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP and a Gengar encounter
'Animation Week Research' Step 11 of 11
- Claim reward - 1000 XP
- Claim reward - 1000 XP
- Claim reward - 1000 XP
Rewards: 500 Stardust, 1000 XP and a World Hat Pikachu encounter
The Season of Rising Heroes is here! The Let's Go event is currently running and it has brought the Let's GO! quest with it, along with a new list of Ditto disguises. A new Team Go Rocket quest - From The Shadows - has been released, along with a shake up of the Giovanni and Team Go Rocket Leaders lineups. As you continue your Pokémon Go adventure, make sure to battle in the new Go Battle League season. Don't forget to keep an eye out for Kecleon or, if you purchased it, work on the Masterwork Research: Wish Granted quest. Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres. This incense may also give you encounters with other rare Pokémon in Pokémon Go.
Everything else you need to know about Animation week in Pokémon Go
Aside from the Timed Research questline, there's a number of bonuses you can complete in Pokémon Go.
The first is that World Cap Pikachu will be appearing in the wild throughout Animation Week, which is great for any players who missed its original appearance during Spotlight Hour last month.
A number of other Pokémon will appear more regularly in the wild, including:
New Pokémon will be appearing in raids as well, such as Ivysaur, Pinsir, Snorlax and Golurk. Pichu, Mantyke, Riolu and Cubone will also enter the 7km egg during Animation Week, giving you the chance to add these Pokémon to your Pokédex if you haven't done so already.
Finally, avatar items inspired by Goh - one of the main characters in Pokémon Journeys: The Series - will be released at the start of Animation week, giving you the chance to give your avatar a whole new style.