Destiny 2's Parallax Trajectory is a new currency introduced in Season of the Lost.
This currency is used within the H.E.L.M. social space for upgrading the Wayfinder's Compass at the Compass Calibration station, focusing Umbral Engrams and opening Wayfinder's Troves in the Astral Alignment activity.
Being such an important and recurrent currency, this page will cover all Parallax Trajectory sources from across the season as well as the best Parallax Trajectory farm method thus far.
On this page:
How to get Parallax Trajectory in Destiny 2
A new season means new currencies to collect, and Parallax Trajectory will be a recurrent one in your travels.
At the moment there are six different methods to get Parallax Trajectory:
- Defeating enemies across the Solar system (3 Parallax Trajectory at random, dependant on drop chance)
- Completing playlist activities (~100 Parallax Trajectory)
- Completing public events (standard events give 75 Parallax Trajectory, while Heroic give 88 Parallax Trajectory instead)
- Completing certain Season of the Lost storyline quests (~100 Parallax Trajectory)
- Grabbing Ascendant Anchors (30 Parallax Trajectory)
- Reaching certain levels in the season pass (~100-150 Parallax Trajectory)
In addition, it's possible to increase the Parallax Trajectory farming cap thanks to the Wayfinder's Compass, which allows you to obtain related upgrades that can make a difference in the long run:
- Astral Harvester: Increases Parallax Trajectory from playlist activities (unlocks at rank five of Wayfinder's Compass Calibration)
- Parallax Focusing: Grants a chance for additional Parallax Trajectory when gathering Ascendant Anchors (requires the True Sight ability)
- Ascendant Sight: Additional Ascendant Anchors appear in the Shattered Realm (requires the True Sight ability)
- Trailblazer: Increases seasonal currency rewards from weekly Shattered Realm chests (requires the Safe Passage ability)
Upgrades cost hundreds of Parallax Trajectory each, which may seem counterintuitive, but think of them as an investment to make it easier to obtain the currency in the future.
Destiny 2's Parallax Trajectory sources in detail and best farm method
It's always worth progressing through it, as there is a chance for quest steps to reward you with at least 100 Parallax Trajectory as you go.
As of now, at least during the season's first week, Seasonal Challenges have been not awarding Parallax Trajectory. We're unsure if this is going to change, but it's already a change of pace compared to Season of the Splicer, where challenges could reward Decrypted Data.
Elsewhere, you can obtain this currency by completing playlist activities such as Gambit, Crucible and Strikes. You will obtain around 100 Parallax Trajectory after each one.
If you're looking to obtain chunks of the currency as quickly as possible, the best Parallax Trajectory farm method comes down to public events. Standard ones will grant you 75 Parallax Trajectory, while Heroic events have 88 Parallax Trajectory in store as a reward.
Consider their frequency and short duration compared to playlist activities, public events are by far best Parallax Trajectory farm.
As you do either of the aforementioned activities, defeating enemies has random drop of 3 Parallax Trajectory.
This tends to happen at least a couple times per mission or activity, but don't rely solely on this method, as it will take an absurd amount of time.
As in previous seasons, there's a far more straightforward method. Reaching ranks 2, 12, 32, 52, 72 and 92 of the season pass will reward you with Parallax Trajectory Spikes, which grant a minimum of 100 Parallax Trajectory each.
Lastly, remember to invest in upgrades for the Wayfinder's Compass to obtain Parallax Trajectory more easily across playlist activities and by interacting with Ascendant Anchors.
Regardless of the method, obtaining this currency will increase your reputation with the Compass Calibration vendor, which is a great way to allowing you to obtain Umbral Engrams.
Destiny 2's Parallax Trajectory cap explained
As it's often the case with new currencies in Destiny 2, you won't be able to just stock up on Parallax Trajectory without reaching a cap.
The Parallax Trajectory inventory cap is 1500. In addition, Bungie has stated it's possible to acquire these on a full inventory, so make sure you have some room clear as not to lose them.
Make sure to keep this in mind before cashing in Parallax Trajectory Spikes, as they can be a lifesaver for when you most need them if you hold on to them.