Control is the latest supernatural thriller for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
You join Jesse Faden as she enters the mysteriously sinister Federal Bureau of Control in search for her younger brother, Dylan. The Bureau, however, is under attack from a force only known as the Hiss, whose motives are unknown.
Jesse finds herself taking on the position of Director - the Head of Federal Bureau of Control. This makes her the only person who can stop the Hiss and she's not even getting paid.
Our Control walkthrough will soon provide a step-by-step guide to completely the main missions, as well as side mission and other useful guides.
We've also included some useful tips and tricks to help you on your journey through the Oldest House.
Control is divided up into a series of main missions.
Each mission will take you to a new area in the Oldest House, the headquarters of the Federal Bureau of Control, as you try to stop the Hiss and find Dylan. Both the Hiss and a variety of puzzles, however, will try to stop you in your tracks.
The guides below will take you through each mission, explaining how to solve tricky puzzles and defeat the difficult Hiss.
We've also included the location of the various collectables you can discover in your travels through the Oldest House. These range from employee complaints to science presentations, with each one giving you an insight to life at the Bureau.
Be warned, however, these guides do contain spoilers.
Control - Introduction
Control - Unknown Caller
- Unknown Caller mission: Reaching Communications Dept and Object of Power
- Tommasi boss strategy, how to reach Hotline
Control - Directorial Override
- Directorial Override mission: Reaching Maintenance Sector, Ahti the Janitor location, NSC Power Plant
- Fix NSC Coolant Pumps and Energy Converters puzzle
Control - Old Boy's Club
- Old Boy's Club mission: Finding Marshall, Parapsychology puzzle
- Punchcard locations, Punchcard puzzle solution, HRA Lab and Machine activation
Control - Threshold
- Threshold mission: Turbine Room puzzle solution and Oceanview Motel puzzle solution
- Find the Black Rock Prism by exploring the Black Rock Quarry
Control - My Brother's Keeper
- My Brother's Keeper: Salvador boss strategy, how to reach the Panopticon
- Salvador boss strategy
- Unlock the Levitate power, reaching the P6 Cell
Control - The Face of the Enemy
- Starting The Face of the Enemy mission - finding the Prime Candidate Program
- Searching for the Ordinary AWE in the Containment Sector
Control - Finnish Tango
Control - Polaris
- Navigating the Ashtray Maze, investigating the Hedron Chamber
- Cleanse the Siphons strategy, reach Polaris
Control - Final Mission
Control Side Missions Guides
As you transverse the weird world of the Oldest House, you'll come across other oddities aside from your main mission to find Dylan.
This could be anything from tackling rogue Object of Power to helping out Ahti, the completely normal, janitor. Ahti thinks you're his new assistant and he doesn't want to miss his holiday, so you might as well do as he asks.
These guides do contain spoilers.
Objects of Powers Side Missions:
- A Merry Chase, unlocking the Evade and Air-Evade powers
- A Good Defence, unlocking the Shield power
- A Captive Audience, X-Ray Lightbox puzzle explained to unlock the Seize power
Ahti the Janitor Side Missions:
- What a Mess: Burn the Trash and What a Mess: Clear the Clog side missions
- What a Mess Plant locations, Mold locations and how to unlock the Janitor's Assistant Uniform
Missions started in the Executive Sector:
Missions started in the Containment Sector:
Other Control Guides
As you journey through the Oldest House, you'll encounter a range of oddities aside from the Hiss. If you want to survive, then you need to make sure you're at the top of your supernatural game.
Below you'll find a list of guides that will help you destroy the Hiss and the other dark denizens of the Oldest House:
- Weapon Mods and Personal Mods, including Astral Constructs explained
- Upgrading Abilities explained, including Milestone Rewards and Ability Points
- Unlocking and upgrading Service Weapon Forms explained
- Outfits: how to unlock every outfit, including the Golden Suit and the Candidate P7 outfit
- Luck and Probability: How to solve the Roulette Wheel puzzle
Control Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks that will help you traverse the Oldest House:
- Don't forget to upgrade Jesse! After completing a Mission you'll be given a number of Abilities points. You can use these to upgrade Jesse's health and various powers. You can do this at the Control Point in Central Executive.
- Always stay on the move in combat. Combat in Control is fast and, if you get stuck in a corner, you can find yourself dead very quickly. For this reason, it's a good idea to stay on the move, dodging bullets and throwing chairs at enemy Hiss.
- Deconstruct any unwanted mods. Deconstructing unwanted Personal and Weapon Mods will supply you with a small amount of Source Energy. You can then use this Source Energy to build new Weapon Forms for your Service Weapon to help you take out the Hiss.
- Collect as many collectables as you can. The Oldest House is full of collectables for you to find. Some are small easter eggs, others hint at dark events in the Bureau's past and a few will unlock new Side Missions for you to complete.
- Set Board Countermeasures. Board Countermeasures are additional little tasks for you to complete as you battle Hiss. A countermeasure can be anything from getting a certain number of headshots or killing a specific enemy. Completing countermeasures will reward you with a range of Weapon and Personal Mods.
- Find new Objects of Power. Objects of Powers are what give Jesse her supernatural powers. You'll find some Objects of Power, like the Floppy Disk, as part of the main storyline, while others are hidden away in Side Missions. Try to find as many Objects of Power as you can to increase Jesse's ability list.
- Always use Personal and Weapon Mods. Personal and Weapon Mods provide you with a variety of boosts - from extra health to increase reload speed. A well chosen Mod could be the difference between winning or losing a battle. So always make sure you stay on top of your Mods!