The Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Event is a timed research quest in Pokémon Go.
It is an apology for a technical issue which allowed non-paying players access to the ticketed activity during the original Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto. Due to this reason, the quest should only be available to players who brought a ticket to the Tour: Kanto event.
Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Event is also a timed research quest, which means you need to complete all of the challenges before the deadline if you want to collect all of the rewards or else it will vanish forever. The upcoming March Community Day is a great time to complete this quest.
On this page:
How 'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event' works in Pokémon Go
Research quests, which allow players to complete challenges for rewards, were released in March 2018 and are divided into a number of categories, including masterwork and timed.
Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event is a timed special research quest running from Friday, 5th March at 10am (local time) to Monday, 5th April at 10am (local time).
This quest should only be available to players who brought a ticket to Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto.
The Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event is a timed research quest, which means if it's not completed by the deadline, then you won't be able to collect all of the rewards. Thankfully, it's a relatively short quest, only containing three quest steps, which consists of three individual challenges, and you'll be able to earn a variety of useful items by completing each one.
This research quest was meant to be a make-up event for players who brought a ticket for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event last month after a technical issue allowed certain non-paying players to access the event. According to reports on The SilphRoad subreddit, however, a number of non-ticked players have gained access to this research quest.
'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event' quest tasks and rewards in Pokémon Go explained
Below you'll find all three quest steps, including each individual challenge and reward for Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event in Pokémon Go.
Don't forget - you have until Monday, 5th April at 10am (local time) to complete this research quest and, if you don't, you won't be able to collect the rewards.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for help with this information!
'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event' Step 1 of 3
- Send 3 Gifts to friends - 15 Ultra Balls
- Catch 20 Pokémon - 10 Silver Pinap Berries
- Use 10 Berries to help catch Pokémon - 500 XP
'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event' Step 2 of 3
- Power up Pokémon 3 times - 1 Poffin
- Earn 3 hearts with your buddy - 1 Super Incubator
- Evolve a Pokémon - 1 Lucky Egg
Rewards: 15 Ultra Balls, a Charged TM and a Fast TM
'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event' Step 3 of 3
- Catch 10 different species of a Pokémon - 1000 XP
- Make 10 Great Throws - 3 Silver Pinap Berries
- Complete 10 Field Research tasks - 1 Star Piece
Rewards: 100 Mew Candy, an Elite Charged TM and an Elite Fast TM
It's the the Season of Timeless Travels in Pokémon Go, so make sure you complete the Timeless Travels quest! The Road to Sinnoh is leading us into this weekends Go Tour: Sinnoh Global event, while also bringing the Masterwork Research: Glimmers of Gratitude quest. During it, take the time to try out Routes, Gift Exchange and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Tips for completing 'Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event'
Here are some tips which will help you complete the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event:
- If you're looking for Pokémon Go friends, then head on over to The SilphRoad subreddit. Here you can either post your own friend code or search for other people looking for friends.
- If you're having trouble finding a variety of different Pokémon, try using an Incense. Not only will this attract Pokémon to your location, but you may see some creatures which don't typically spawn in your local area.
- You can also use the specialised Lure Modules - Galical, Magnetic and Mossy - to attract Pokémon to a specific PokéStop. Each of these special Lure Modules only attracts certain types of Pokémon, meaning you're more likely to see one you haven't caught yet.
- If you're having trouble making those Great Throws, then try hunting down Pokémon with large catch radiuses, such as Mr. Mime and Gothita.
Good luck completed the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto Bonus Event!