The Searching for Legends timed research quest is part of the Searching for Legends event, which is the first in-game event for the Seasons of Legends in Pokémon Go.
During this research quest you'll find yourself catching a Nosepass and a second Nosepass and then a third Nosepass and then - you get the picture.
If you want to earn all of the rewards (i.e. Nosepasses) then you need to ensure you complete this quest before it vanishes forever at the end of the Searching for Legends event.
On this page:
How 'Searching for Legends' works in Pokémon Go
Research quests, which allow players to complete challenges for rewards, were released in March 2018 and are divided into a number of categories, including masterwork and timed.
The Searching for Legends timed research quest is part of the Searching for Legends event in Pokémon Go and runs from Tuesday, 9th March at 10am (local time) till Sunday, 14th March at 8am (local time).
Since Searching for Legends is a timed research quest, you only have till the end of the event to complete this quest. If you don't, then the quest will vanish, taking the rewards along with it.
Interestingly, while Searching for Legends consists of seven quest steps, not only of these quest steps contain three challenges, making it the first research quest in Pokémon Go to deviate from this pattern. Still, if you want to earn all of the rewards, you must complete all of these challenges in order.
'Searching for Legends' quest tasks and rewards in Pokémon Go explained
Below you can find all seven steps, including the individual challenges and rewards, for the Searching for Legends timed research quest in Pokémon Go.
You only have until Sunday, 14th March at 8am (local time) to complete this quest, so, if you want all of the rewards, make sure you complete it before the deadline.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
'Searching for Legends' Step 1 of 7
- Take a snapshot of a Ground-type Pokémon - 300 Stardust
- Catch 10 Ground-type Pokémon - 8 PokéBalls
Rewards: 100 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 2 of 7
- Use 3 Nanab Berries while catching Pokémon - Magnemite encounter
- Use 3 Razz Berries while catching Pokémon - Magnemite encounter
- Use 3 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon - Magnemite encounter
Rewards: 200 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 3 of 7
- Take a snapshot of a Rock-type Pokémon - 300 Stardust
- Catch 10 Rock-type Pokémon - 8 PokéBalls
Rewards: 300 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 4 of 7
- Defeat 1 Team Go Rocket Grunt - Galarian Stunfisk encounter
Rewards: 400 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 5 of 7
- Take a snapshot of a Steel-type Pokémon - 300 Stardust
- Catch 10 Steel-type Pokémon - 8 PokéBalls
Rewards: 500 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 6 of 7
- Make 3 Curveball Throws - Baltoy encounter
- Make 6 Great Curveball Throws - Ferroseed encounter
- Make 9 Curveball Throws in a row - Forretress encounter
Rewards: 600 XP and a Nosepass encounter
'Searching for Legends' Step 7 of 7
- Use 1 Incense - Shieldon encounter
- Catch 45 Steel-type Pokémon - 1 Silver Pinap Berry
Rewards: 700 XP, 1 Magnetic Lure and a Nosepass encounter
The Season of Mythical Wishes has seen Kecleon finally being released in Pokémon Go! The Lunar New Year event has also returned for 2023! Don't forget to partake in the new Go Battle League season. Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres.
Tips for completing 'Searching for Legends' in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the Searching for Legends quest in Pokémon Go:
- When battling Team Go Rocket, make sure you bring along some potions and revives, so you can heal your Pokémon after the battle.
- If you're having trouble making the curveball throws, then trying searching out a Pokémon which has a large catch radius, like Mr. Mime.
- Use Incense will make Pokémon come to you, which is great if you're having trouble tracking down the rock and ground-type Pokémon you need.
- Using a Magnetic Lure at a PokéStop will also attract a number of rock-type Pokémon to your location.
Good luck catching all of those Nosepasses!