Just remember - if you want to complete this Special Research, you have to purchase a Go Fest ticket first.
On this page:
How Go Fest 2020: Welcome works in Pokémon Go, including date and time explained
To complete this Special Research, you must first buy a ticket for Go Fest 2020.
Once you've purchased a ticket, you must ensure that you play Pokémon on Saturday, 25th July from between 10am to 8pm (local time). This will automatically unlock Go Fest 2020: Welcome and all of its rewards.
If you don't buy a Go Fest 2020 ticket or, if you have a Go Fest ticket, forget to play on Saturday 25th July, then Go Fest 2020: Welcome will not unlock and you'll be unable to complete this storyline.
Go Fest 2020: Welcome does not have a deadline once it's been unlocked, which means that you don't have to complete it during Go Fest 2020.
Aside from being tied to a Go Fest 2020 ticket and only being one step long, Go Fest 2020: Welcome works just like every other Special Research questline; if you want to earn the overall rewards you need to complete each of the individual challenges.
Be sure to also log into the game on the Sunday to unlock Day Two quest Rocket Straight to Victory.
Go Fest 2020: Welcome quest steps in Pokémon Go
You can find every quest step for Go Fest 2020: Welcome below, including the individual challenges and all the rewards you'll receive for completing this Special Research.
Keep in mind, however, that this section does contain spoilers, so read on at your own peril.
'Go Fest 2020: Welcome' Step 1 of 1
- Take a snapshot of your buddy - x10 Incense
- Use an Incense - x200 Great Balls
- Catch 20 Fire-type Pokémon - Charizard encounter
- Catch 20 Water-type Pokémon - Blastoise encounter
- Catch 20 Grass-type Pokémon - Venusaur encounter
- Battle in 2 raids - Gible
- Make a new friend - Snorlax
Rewards: 10,000 Stardust, 10,000 XP and x2 Lucky Eggs
The World of Wonders season has come to Pokémon Go, giving you the chance to catch Poipole. Don't forget to try out Routes, Gift Exchange and Party Play while you're hunting down rare Pokémon, fighting in the Go Battle League or competing in PokéStop Showcases.
Tips for completing Go Fest 2020: Welcome in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips to help you complete Go Fest 2020: Welcome during Go Fest 2020 in Pokémon Go:
- Even though there's no deadline for completing Go Fest 2020: Welcome, it's a good idea to complete all three of the 'Catch 20 Pokémon' challenges on Day One of Go Fest 2020. This is because you can take advantage of the rotating habitats and easily find Pokémon of these specific types.
- You can also use Incense during these specific hours to find rarer Pokémon.
- If you're having trouble finding someone to be friends with in Pokémon Go, visit The Silph Road on reddit. This is the main subreddit for Pokémon Go and you'll easily find someone looking for a new pal.
- Remote Raiding allows you to engage in raids from the comfort of your own home!
- When taking a picture with your buddy, keep an eye out for Wash Rotom - the first Rotom form to be released in Pokémon Go!
Whether you're doing it during the event or in the future - good luck completing Go Fest 2020: Welcome!
Once done, be sure to also log into the game on the Sunday to unlock Day Two quest Rocket Straight to Victory.