UPDATE 18/11/2016 5.09pm: Fallout 4 mod support is now live on PS4.
As reported by the Bethesda Blog, the 1.8 update also addresses the following fixes:
- General optimisations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out
Bethesda also tweeted that "PS4 Players can expect #PS4Pro support in our next title update."
ORIGINAL STORY 16/11/2016 8.26pm: Fallout 4 will receive mod support on PS4 this week, Bethesda has announced.
If it's anything like Skyrim, the size limit for mods on Sony's console will be 1GB. The last time Bethesda addressed the matter revolving around Fallout 4, the publisher said it would have a 900MB cap on PS4.
Furthermore, mods on PS4 can't use outside assets, so players can only create things like new dialogues, questlines and the like, as opposed to adding in such outlandish horrors as Thomas the Tank Engine.
Like Skyrim before it, the new update to Fallout 4 will also patch in PS4 Pro support, allowing for native 4K resolution.
We'll update when the patch is live.
Will you support Eurogamer?
We want to make Eurogamer better, and that means better for our readers - not for algorithms. You can help! Become a supporter of Eurogamer and you can view the site completely ad-free, as well as gaining exclusive access to articles, podcasts and conversations that will bring you closer to the team, the stories, and the games we all love. Subscriptions start at £3.99 / $4.99 per month.