There is no shiny Cacnea in Pokémon Go, but there are still a number of reasons why you should partake in this week's Spotlight Hour.
On this page we cover why you should spend some time catching Cacnea during the hour-long window - including the chance to find a 100% perfect IV Cacnea - and include a preview of shiny Cacnea for when they finally arrive in Pokémon Go.
On this page:
Cacnea's 100% perfect IV in Pokémon Go explained
A good reason to partake in this week's Spotlight Hour is the chance to catch a perfect Cacnea in Pokémon Go. With its highest possible IV stats, you can evolve Cacnea into Cacturne and use it in raids, gyms and even the Go Battle League if you so choose.
The CP values - which correspond to perfect 15/15/15 stats are as follows:
- Level 30 (wild CP maximum) - 1,064
- Level 35 (weather boosted CP maximum) - 1,153
Remember - wild CP value aligns with your trainer level until you reach Level 30. If you're currently below 30, then the maximum CP value will be different. Since the majority of the player base is now above Level 30, we kept to the values above to keep things simple.
Is there a shiny Cacnea in Pokémon Go?
There is no shiny Cacnea in Pokemon Go.
Since there is no shiny Cacnea in Pokémon Go, and because it's unlikely to be a Community Day candidate, we can expect it to be released as part of a future in-game event. Nearly every Gen 2 Pokémon has had its shiny form released, so we might see shiny Cacnea arrive some time in 2022 as Niantic works through the shiny Gen 3 forms.
Thanks to the mainline Pokémon games, however, we do know what a shiny Cacnea will look like.
What does shiny Cacnea look like?
As you can see, Cacnea goes from being cactus green to a dusty brown, which reflects how it prefers the desert regions of the Pokémon universe.
This design has remained constant since Cacnea's release in the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, which you can see in the YouTube video, created by Waddy, below from the 2:08 mark:
Currently live is the Fashion Week event, and along with it the debut of Mareanie and Toxapex. Recently, we've seen the arrival of Season of Light and special research quest A Cosmic Companion. Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres. There's also a new special research quest - A Mysterious Incense. Finally - don't forget about the new Prime Gaming rewards every fortnight.
Other reasons to catch as many Cacnea as possible
- If you haven't had the chance to add Cacnea or it's evolution, Cacturne, to your Pokédex yet, then this Spotlight Hour is the perfect time to do so.
- Every Pokémon you catch during this Spotlight Hour will also benefit from double catch candy!
- You will also receive double catch stardust as this Spotlight Hour runs alongside the Día de Muertos event. This makes it the perfect time to use a Star Piece and gather up a load of stardust thanks to the increased Pokémon spawns.
- Cacnea is a grass-type Pokémon, so you can use this hour to make some good progress on your grass - Gardener - type medal.
Spotlight Hour only lasts for an hour - 6pm to 7pm (local time) - but don't worry if you can't partake this week. Next week sees Chinchou take the spotlight with a double transfer candy bonus!