Season 4 of Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is almost here - the second season for Verdansk's 80s-themed map.
With the tease that "a new threat is coming from above", you can expect the usual array of new additions - character skins, weapons, and of course, a new Battle Pass with rewards to unlock between Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War.
This page explains the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 4 release time and everything we know so far.
On this page:
When is the new Season of Warzone coming out? Warzone Season 4 release time and date in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
Update (June 17th): We are live! Here's an overview of what's been added to Season 4 so far:
- Warzone C58 loadout and class setup
- Warzone MG 82 and class setup
- What we know about Red Doors in Warzone
- Warzone Special Weapons list and how to unlock the Nail Gun
- Warzone Uplink Stations and crashed Satellites in the Ground Fall event explained
- Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 4 Battle Pass skins
Original guide: The Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 4 release date is Thursday, June 17th, and based on previous seasons, you can expect release times at the following:
- UK: 7am (BST / UK)
- Europe: 8am (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 2am (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 11pm on June 16th (PST / West Coast US)
Again, though not confirmed, these times are when previous seasons have launched (ever since the Black Ops: Cold War integration into Warzone) - and there's no reason to think that will change with Season 4.
This means Europe will wake up to the new season, or those across the pond having the option of making a start in the late evening / very early morning. (Which we would advise against - your sleep is important!)
Players can download the new update ahead of time (June 16th at 5am UK in Black Ops: Cold War, or 24 hours later for Warzone players) - though it's worth leaving your console on standby overnight to make sure any additional patches are downloaded if they come up.
As always, be prepared for the above times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
Warzone Season 5 is almost here! If you want to learn more about firepower from previously, we explain the best Welgun loadout, best Cooper Carbine loadout, best Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle loadout, best STG44 loadout, best MP40 loadout, best Automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best Combat Shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout, and best Kar98k loadouts.
What's new in Season 4 of Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone?
Season 4 offers the usual set of updates across Warzone, Black Ops: Cold War multiplayer and zombies, as well as new weapons and operators across both games.
- In Warzone there are Satellite Crash Sites, which are new points of interest across map.
- Ground Fall seasonal event in Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone, teased to tie into the above locations and other unique cosmetic rewards and blueprints.
- The new Dirt Bike vehicle, a new Gulag map Hijacked, and the tease of 'Red Doors'.
- New Operators Jackal (launch), Salah (in season) and Weaver (in season).
- New Weapons C58, MG 82 and Nail Gun (all launch), and OTS 9 and Mace (both in season).
- In Black Ops: Cold War, Black Ops 2 maps 'Hijacked', featuring a super yacht, returns (at launch) as well as the now-paintball themed 'Rush' (in season).
- New Black Ops: Cold War maps 'Collateral' and 'Amsterdam' (at launch).
- New multiplayer modes One in the Chamber, Multi-team: Sat-Link (both launch) and Capture the Flag (in season).
- New Scorestreak, the Hand Cannon, which "delivers lethal damage to anywhere on the body".
- In Zombies, there's the Zoo Outbreak Region, the 'Operation Excision Outbreak' quest, and new map 'Mauer der Toten'.