Rift Tour is a three-day concert taking place in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 7.
The festival starring Ariana Grande as a headliner will be available 6th to 8th August. In preparation, special quests have emerged under the Rift Tour premise.
They are all small teasers of what's to come, kicked-off by a massive in-game countdown that hinted towards a special event happening when it reached zero.
This page will explain how the Ariana Grande concert will work, Rift Tour Save the Date times, the list of Rift Tour quests and the rewards, as well as the timer resolution.
On this page:
What is the timer countdown in Fortnite for explained
On Tuesday, July 27th, a massive timer appeared for every player in Fortnite. The ever-decreasing countdown made itself visible in the main battle royale hub, as well as during matches.
If you happen to hop into a game and all of the sudden found yourself looking at the timer up in the sky, don't worry, as we finally know the answer.
Fortnite's timer countdown is hinting at the now announced Rift Tour event, which is a three-day concert starring Ariana Grande. The event kicks off on Friday, August 6th - right when the virtual clock will get to zero.
If you're wondering what to expect, make sure to read our following sections.
How to Save the Date in the Rift Tour tab and play a match in Fortnite explained
Kicking off the celebration early, a number of quests have arrived with more to come during the next few days. One of them in particular, which tasks you to Save the Data in the Rift Tour tab and play a match, makes for a great presentation.
For this mission, you're going to start by jumping to Fortnite's main hub. From there you will notice a new tab on the upper nav called Rift Tour.
Before jumping into a match, make sure to toggle one of the five available dates, which will automatically note you down as 'Going!' below it. You can always uncheck it and choose a different one, or just check all of them.
In our experience, since we had already played a match beforehand, the quest was automatically completed after saving a date, so you can try and do the process either before or afterwards.
Fortnite Rift Tour schedule explained
The Rift Tour schedule is divided into five different options, each corresponding to a specific time and region.
You can find the full list below:
- The Americas: Friday, August 6th at 11pm (BST), 12am (CEST), 6pm (EDT), 3pm (PDT)
- Global: Saturday, August 7th at 7pm (BST), 8pm (CEST), 2pm (EDT), 11am (PDT)
- Asia and Oceania: Sunday, August 8th at 4am (BST), 5am (CEST) / Saturday, August 6th at 11pm (EDT), 8pm (PDT)
- Europe and Middle East: Sunday, August 8th at 9am (BST), 10am (CEST), 4am (EDT), 1am (PDT)
- The Americas: Sunday, August 8th at 11pm (BST), 12am (CEST), 6pm (EDT), 3pm (PDT)
It's worth keeping in mind that developer Epic recommends for players to log into Fortnite 60 minutes before the aforementioned times. In addition, the Rift Tour Playlist should be live 30 minutes before each show.
Fortnite Ariana Grande skin release date explained
Of course, Ariana Grande has her own in-game skin in Fortnite. Instead of having to complete a challenge to unlock it, however, the skin is available in the Item Shop.
The Ariana Grande outfit, which includes a variant as well as a back bling, costs 2,000 V-Bucks. There are three more items that are sold separately, which can be purchased as a bundle alongside the skin and back bling for 2,800 V-Bucks, instead of the 4,500 V-Bucks that would cost on their own.
In full, the contents of the Ariana Grande Bundle are as follows:
- Ariana Grande Outfit
- Rift Goddess Ariana Variant
- Piggy Smallz Back Bling
- Lil' Floaticorn Emote
- Sweetener Sailshards Glide
- 7 Rings Smasher Pickaxe
- Gem Striker Variant
Fortnite Rift Tour quests and rewards list explained
While the big weekend has come to an end, there's already an array of post Rift Tour quests to complete.
You can find all new and past quests, as well as the rewards for each below:
- Save the Date in the Rift Tour tab and play a match
- Reach top 25 with a friend (5 total)
- Play matches with friends (10 total)
- Complete post Rift Tour quests (3 total)
The reward for this quest is the XOXO emote (thanks to @DrCacahuette on Twitter for the clip below)
- Play matches with friends (10 total)
- Open a Cosmic Chest (2 total)
- Complete post Rift Tour quests (6 total)
The reward for this quest is the Chrome Cloudcruiser glider (thanks to @ShiinaBR on Twitter for the clip below)
Here's a quick locker showcase of the new Umbrella in High-Quality! pic.twitter.com/noyfAizMfA— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) August 16, 2021
- In addition, all players who attended the Rift Tour received the Cuddly Cloudcruiser Umbrella.
- Lastly, if you're a Fortnite Crew subscriber, log into the game from Thursday, August 5th to Monday, August 9th to receive the Rainbow Cloudcruiser Umbrella, Sky up High Loading Screen and a Rift Tour-themed Banner.
Have fun hunting all the rewards!