Goma Asaagh is one of the many Shrines located throughout Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The challenge inside, one of many Test of Strength Shrines, has you taken on a powerful foe in combat.
Where to find Goma Asaagh
This is at the southern base of Hebra Peak in the Hebra Mountains, in the north-west of the game's map.
Perhaps the easiest way to find this is first find Shada Naw Shrine and Selmie's Spot hut, then take the path south, and it'll be on the left. Beware of an ice Wizzrobe along the way. The Shrine is then hidden behind several tall frozen blocks; if you stand on the nearby ledge overlooking them, you can see the orange Shrine over the top. The best way to remove these is with fire arrows, with each one taking three or four shots, so target the cleanest path through if you're running low.
Want more help? Our Zelda: Breath of the Wild walkthrough and guide steps to completing the game's main quests - including Divine Beasts Vah Ruta, Vah Rudiana, Vah Medoh and Vah Naboris - as well as how to find the Master Sword, Hylian Shield and all Captured Memories locations and Great Fairy Fountain locations, while our Shrines locations and Shrine maps hub explains where to find and solve every puzzle room, including dragon locations and Labyrinth solutions. We also have advice on how to beat Guardians, where to get easy Rupees, tame horses, find how to get cold resistance, fire resistance and heat resistance, and learn the most effective means of cooking with ingredients for bonus effects. We also have a DLC 1 guide and DLC 2 guide, including all Tingle, Majora's Mask, Phantom, Midna outfit locations.
There is also a frozen block over the console to access the elevator down into the Shrine, so have some on standby. If you're struggling, you can always create fire by laying down Wood and Flint from your inventory, then striking it with a weapon to ignite it.
Once inside, it's one of the game's many Test of Strength challenges - specifically against the hardest kind of Guardian Scout.
The prior link has details on how to best defeat it, though it's worth nothing this specific Shrine is filled with water, allowing you to use Cryonis columns to dislodge the enemy, or create barriers. A Royal Claymore with 63 attack is your reward.
While you're here, here are other Shrines within this region:
Hebra region (13 Shrines)
- Dunba Taag shrine, Build and Release solution
- Gee Ha'rah shrine, snowball rolling gate puzzle and Tandem solution
- Goma Asaagh shrine at the foot of Hebra Peak
- Hia Miu shrine location
- Lanno Koch shrine and Lanno Koch's Blessing solution
- Maka Rah shrine at Lake Kilsie and Steady Thy Heart trial solution
- Mozo Shenno shrine and The Bird in the Mountains quest solution
- Rin Oyaa shrine and Directing the Wind solution
- Rok Uwog shrine and Power of Reach solution
- Sha Gehma shrine and Shift and Lock solution
- Shada Naw shrine and Red Giveaway solution
- To Quomo shrine and how to open the Hebra North Summit gates
- Qaza Tokki (North Lomei Labyrinth)
If you're after other trials, then our Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and maps hub page can help with other regions.