Hia Miu is one of the many Shrines located throughout Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The challenge inside, named the Hia Miu, one of many Test of Strength Shrines, has you taken on a powerful foe in combat..
Where to find Hia Miu
This is in Hebra region in the very north west of the map, right in the corner, meaning you'll need to undertake a pretty epic journey through some desolate lands.
There's a few ways you can get there; heading north from Rito Village, or west from the northern tip of Tabantha Tundra. We did the latter, and what few enemies are there are fairly easy to bypass since you can scale the mountain to a higher path and keep going.
Thanks to a new update, it's now possible to play Zelda Breath of the Wild in VR. Want help with the main game? Our Zelda: Breath of the Wild walkthrough can help complete Divine Beasts Vah Ruta, Vah Rudiana, Vah Medoh and Vah Naboris and more. There's also how to get the Master Sword, Hylian Shield and all Zelda Captured Memories and Great Fairy Fountain locations, while our Shrines locations and Shrine maps hub explains where to find and solve every puzzle room, including dragon locations and Labyrinth solutions. We also have a DLC 1 guide and DLC 2 guide, including all Tingle, Majora's Mask, Phantom, Midna outfit locations.
As with everywhere else in the region, you'll need two cold protection, and be prepared for a bit of a hike and some climbing throughout the mountainous region, so if you have high stamina, that could be useful too.
Once inside, it's one of the game's many Test of Strength challenges - specifically against the hardest kind of Guardian Scout.
The prior link has details on how to best defeat it, and once you do, you'll receive a Sapphire as a reward.
While you're here, here are other Shrines within this region:
Hebra region (13 Shrines)
- Dunba Taag shrine, Build and Release solution
- Gee Ha'rah shrine, snowball rolling gate puzzle and Tandem solution
- Goma Asaagh shrine at the foot of Hebra Peak
- Hia Miu shrine location
- Lanno Koch shrine and Lanno Koch's Blessing solution
- Maka Rah shrine at Lake Kilsie and Steady Thy Heart trial solution
- Mozo Shenno shrine and The Bird in the Mountains quest solution
- Rin Oyaa shrine and Directing the Wind solution
- Rok Uwog shrine and Power of Reach solution
- Sha Gehma shrine and Shift and Lock solution
- Shada Naw shrine and Red Giveaway solution
- To Quomo shrine and how to open the Hebra North Summit gates
- Qaza Tokki (North Lomei Labyrinth)
If you're after other trials, then our Zelda: Breath of the Wild Shrine locations and maps hub page can help with other regions.