The Pallet Town Collection Challenge is one of the Collection Challenges for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event.
This Collection Challenge will task you with catching Pokémon which can be found in and around Pallet Town in the Kanto region.
There are a total of 10 Collection Challenges for you to complete as part of Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto - Pewter City, Cerulean City, Fuchsia City, Pokémon League, Raid, Research, Evolve, Trade and Incense. The latter two are different depending on whether you're playing the Red or Green version of the event.
Below you can find every Pokémon in the Pallet Town Collection Challenge and, it's important to know, that you have until Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time) to complete this challenge.
On this page:
List of Pokémon and rewards for Pallet Town Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
The Pallet Town Collection Challenge is part of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event, though it will be available till Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time). This Collection Challenge will only be available to you if you're brought a ticket for the event.
Throughout this challenge you'll need to hunt down Gen 1 Pokémon which live near Pallet Town in the Kanto region. All of these Pokémon can be found in the wild throughout the event, though they're spawn rate is increased during the Pallet Town hours.
Here are the 10 Pokémon on the Pallet Town Collection Challenge list:
For completing the Pallet Town Collection Challenge, you'll receive 151 Stardust, 30 Pokémon and a Spearow encounter.
Tips for completing the Pallet Town Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the Pallet Town Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- If you want to complete the Pallet Town Collection Challenge during the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event, then make sure you play between either 9am to 10am or 2pm to 3pm (local time). During these periods, the Pokémon found around Pallet Town will appear more frequently in the wild.
- You have until Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time) to complete this Collection Challenge, so don't feel like you have to rush the experience!
- If you're having trouble finding a specific Pokémon, try using Incense to attract Pokémon to your specific location. It's important to note, however, that during the Tour: Kanto event, the Pokémon attracted to Incense will differ slightly depending on which version you're playing.
- You can also attract Pokémon to your location by placing a Lure Module on a PokéStop. There are also three special Lure Modules - Glacial, Magnetic and Mossy - which will attract specific Pokémon types.
- Don't forget to use Razz and Nanab berries to make Pokémon easier to catch.
- If you want to save PokéBalls, try targeting Pokémon with lower CP levels, because they will be easier to catch.
- Keep an eye on the Pokémon radar in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and use it to track specific Pokémon to the PokéStop they're currently hiding by.
Currently available is the Astral Eclipse event, which brings the A Cosmic Companion special research quest of the Season of Light to a close. You can also finally evolve Cosmoem into Solgaleo or Lunala! Elsewhere, be sure to use Daily Adventure Incense for the chance of encountering Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Moltres.
How the Pallet Town Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go were released in January 2021 and run alongside certain in-games events. Each Collection Challenge will see you catching a number of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, are appearing more frequently in the wild.
Once you've completed the Collection Challenge by catching all of these Pokémon, you'll be rewarded with a number of items and progress for your Elite Collector medal.
The Pallet Town Collection Challenge is part of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event and is available for a week after the event to ensure you have enough time to complete it. This means it will be available from Saturday, 20th February at 9am (local time) to Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time).
Collection Challenges can be found on the 'Today View,' which is accessed by pressing the field research button (the little binoculars) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Depending on whether you've been looking at your current field or special research tasks, you may have to scroll to your left.
After accessing 'Today View,' you'll find a list of the Pokémon you need to catch to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge rooster will tick it off the list to keep track of which ones you've caught and which you haven't.
Remember - this Collection Challenge must be completed before Sunday, 28th February 7:59pm (local time) or else you'll never be able to add it to your Elite Collector medal.
Good luck completing the Pallet Town Collector's Challenge!