Destiny's Festival of the Lost returns in 2021, bringing a taste of Halloween to the Tower and beyond.
With the Destiny Content Vault putting the Haunted Forest into the archives, it's time for a new spooky activity - Haunted versions of Lost Sectors.
Here you'll be completing unique bounties in order to gain rewards from Eve Levante - including the new Book of the Forgotten - as well as, yes, getting your hands on new Festival of the Lost Masks.
On this page:
- How to start Destiny 2's Festival of the Lost, dates explained
- How to start Haunted Lost Sectors: Haunted Lost Sector location in Destiny 2 explained
- Destiny 2 Gone but not Forgotten quest steps
- Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 masks list
- Destiny 2 Haunted Lost Sectors 2021 chest rewards
- Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 Triumphs
How to start Destiny 2's Festival of the Lost, dates explained
Destiny 2's Festival of the Lost 2021 runs between October 12th and November 2nd, starting and ending at the usual weekly reset time.
To participate in Festival of the Lost, you simply need to have access to the Tower social space. From there, speak to Eva Lavante, who will give you an introductory quest - called Gone but Not Forgotten - allowing you to unlock Haunted Lost Sectors.
How to start Haunted Lost Sectors: Haunted Lost Sector location in Destiny 2 explained
To gain access to Haunted Lost Sectors, you must first start the quest 'Gone but not Forgotten' Eva Levante gives you in the Tower.
After completing Step 2 - acquire three Spectral Pages and 100 Candy - you must then visit the Tower in the Director screen, and select the Haunted Lost Sector node.
You can also launch into a Haunted Lost Sector from within the Tower itself, by investigating the totem next to Eva.
Destiny 2 Gone but not Forgotten quest steps
The Gone but not Forgotten quest will take you to the Haunted Lost Sectors for the first time, and explain how to flesh out the Book of the Forgotten.
The Gone but not Forgotten quest steps are as follows:
- Speak with Eva to claim your Festival of the Lost mask
- Complete an activity while wearing a Festival of the Lost Mask to acquire Spectral Pages (3 total) and pick up Candy from defeated combatants (100 total)
- Enter a Haunted Sector via the node in your Director and complete a Summoning Ritual
- Turn Spectral Pages into Manifested Pages (2 total) by defeating at least one Headless One and completing the Haunted Sector
- Speak with Eva in the Tower
- Add your Manifested Pages into the Book of the Forgotten (found to the right of Eva)
- Speak with Eva to claim your rewards, which include the Jurassic Green pulse rifle, the Hollow Sleep emblem and 50 Candy
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 masks list
A key attraction in Festival of the Lost each year is acquiring masks. These are ornaments which are equipped onto the Masquerader's Helmet, which can be purchased from Eva Levante for a small quantity of Glimmer.
Masks can be sourced by the following:
- Purchased from Eva Levante using Candy
When wearing a Mask, you will earn Candy from defeating enemies, completing activities and bounties. Similar to how you would equip the Solstice armour during the Solstice of Heroes event, it's best to keep the Mask equipped for the duration to make sure you're getting drops!
As with previous events, Masks are based on well-known characters and bosses. New Masks are released every year, as well as several returning from previous years.
If you have kept a Mask from a previous year, then you are welcome to wear it during the latest Festival of the Lost event - so be sure to hang onto them!
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 Masks and costs list
- Eramis Mask (1300 Candy)
- Taniks Mask (2600 Candy)
- Honk Moon Mask (3900 Candy)
- Pyramid Mask (5200 Candy)
- Ada-1 Mask (6500 Candy)
- Sweeper Bot Mask (7800 Candy)
Destiny 2 Haunted Lost Sectors 2021 chest rewards
As well as Masks and Triumphs to unlock, there are also the following rewards up for grabs from chests (or caches) you can find during Haunted Lost Sector runs:
- Legendary Gear
- Random Braytech Werewolf auto rifle roll
- Random Horror Story auto rifle roll
Unlike last year, you don't need the Cipher Decoder or any similar item each time you open a chest!
This year's Festival of the Lost has arrived - which includes the Book of the Forgotten and Jurassic Green to unlock. Elsewhere in Season of the Lost, there are new Exotics such as the Ager's Scepter and the long-awaited arrival of crossplay. New activities include the Wayfinders Voyage, the Astral Alignment activity and finding Atlas Skew, Trivial Mystery, Enigmatic Mystery, Ascendant Mystery, Data Cache, Parallax Trajectory and Ascendant Anchor locations. Elsewhere, we've seen new Nightfall weapons such as the Uzume RR4, Plug One.1 and Hung Jury SR4. Other recent new features include transmog and materials Synthstrand, Synthcord and Synthweave, the Splicer Gauntlet and Decrypted Data used to upgrade it.
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2021 Triumphs
As per previous years, there is a list of Festival of the Lost Triumphs to complete:
|Festival of the Lost 2021 Triumph||How to complete|
|Paranormal Historian||Complete the "Gone but Not Forgotten" quest.|
|Spectral Analysis||Acquire Spectral Pages.|
|Pumpkin Smasher||Defeat Headless Ones in Haunted Sectors (50 total).|
|Glint of Victory||Reveal all the pages in the Book of the Forgotten (27 total).|
|All is Lost||Complete all Festival of the Lost triumphs.|
|Paranormal Investigator||Complete Haunted Sectors (20 total).|
|Glint of Hope||Reveal half of the pages in the Book of the Forgotten (14 total).|
|Masked Rider||Acquire all Festival of the Lost 2021 masks.|
As always, you have to complete these by the end of the Festival of the Lost event, otherwise they are no longer accessible. Happy hunting!