The Fortnite High Stakes introduces a bonus set of Challenges and a new mode.
Completing it will give you additional XP to help go towards your many Season 5 Battle Pass, as well as other rewards. Note you'll need to be a Battle Pass holder in order to undertake this challenge.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
Fortnite High Stakes event rewards
The High Stakes and Getaway event rewards are:
- Play Matches of the Getaway (10 total, 5,000 XP)
- Deal damage to jewel carrying opponents (500 total, 'High Stakes' Spray)
- Pick up a jewel in different matches of Getaway (5 total, 'High Stakes' contrail)
Completing all three of the above challenges will reward you with the 'Crowbar' Pickaxe.
Fortnite is back! As well as new Fortnite map locations there are Fortnite Chapter 2 Battle Pass skins to earn and various new features, including how to fish in Fortnite. The recent Trick Shot challenges include finding Pipeman, Hayman and Timber Tent locations and The Orchard. Finally, there is a set of hidden letters in loading screens locations to find each week.
What is in the High Stakes update?
The Fortnite High Stakes update involves the following:
- Limited Time Mode 'Getaway' and the above associated Challenges
- A new 'Wild Card' outfit available to purchase from the store, with four masks to choose from:
- A new 'Grapping Hook' item, allowing you to scale high platforms to get the drop on your adversaries. It's unknown whether it'll be available in all modes, or just 'Getaway'. Here's a closer look of how it works:
Plenty to look forward to, then, especially with Fortnite Season 6 just round the corner. The timing - one month on from the Fortnite Birthday challenges - suggests these bonus events could be a regular part of the game. We'll see if that's the case in early October!