Strange Happenings at Night is one of many Requests in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
This early-game side-quest is Request 16, and tasks you with searching Sanqua's house to solve a mystery that's keeping her up at night.
Once you have completed the Request, you'll earn a reward - and the satisfaction of ticking the Request off your list.
On this page:
How to complete Request 16 'Strange Happenings at Midnight' in Pokémon Legends Arceus
Strange Happenings at Midnight is one of the early-game Requests you can collect in Pokémon Legends Arceus.
To begin Strange Happenings at Midnight, you must head to Sanqua's house, which you can find in Canala Avenue of Jubilife Village. Specifically, it's situated on the south side of the street, not far from the gate.
Once you have confirmed you can help with her problem, you must then return to the house at night, which is both when the disturbances happen, and since she's working in the day.
Inside the house, you must search through her possessions to find out what's going on.
For us, Strange Happenings at Midnight concluded once we had taken the following steps:
- Investigating the basket on the table at the back of the room, which sees a "noise from the entryway"
- Looking under the cloth over the cabinet to the right of where you first enter, to hear "a noise from the back near the closets"
- Checking the divider in the far back left of the room
It's possible the steps could be randomised for each player. If so, investigate items throughout the house until there will be a short scene where a noise will come from elsewhere. Investigate that, and the final step will lead you to the disturbance in question.
Either way, for us, we couldn't physically investigate the divider at the back of the room until we had completed the steps - so ensure you have followed the noises around the room if you are stuck.
Our Pokémon Legends Arceus walkthrough will help you pick a starter Pokémon and win the Kleavor boss fight. You’re also tasked with filling the Hisui Pokédex by obtaining new evolutions like Kleavor by evolving Scyther, Wyrdeer by evolving Stantler, Sneasler by evolving Hisui Sneasel and Overquil by evolving Hisui Qwilfish. There’s a host of new evolution methods, including ones for the Eevee evolutions. Take the time to complete Requests too, such as The Sea’s Legend, Wurmple’s Evolved! and finding the Wisp locations. Don’t forget to track down every Unown location too.
Pokémon Legends Arceus Strange Happenings at Midnight reward explained
Note there are spoilers ahead for the conclusion of the Request 16: Strange Happenings at Midnight.
Once you have followed the noises around the room, you will discover that the disturbance is none other than a Pichu that has decided to pay Sanqua a visit.
After a brief cutscene where you discover the relationship between the two, the Request will be completed.
Your reward? 7x Nanab Berry - which will either be deposited in your satchel, or to your storage, if there is no further room.
Here's how to complete other requests in Arceus:
- Request 8 'Bothersome Bidoof'
- Request 10 'Wurple's Evolved'
- Request 17 'To Bloom or Not to Bloom'
- Request 21 'Back Alley Mr. Mime'
- Request 23 - 'Getting Ahold of New Wares'
- Request 41 'An Elegant Tail'
- Request 43 - 'More New Wares'
- Request 50 'Double the Tails, Double the Fun'
- Request 59 'Misdreavus the Hairstyle Muse'
- Request 61 'Even More New Wares'
- Request 66 'The Sea's Legend'
- Request 69 'Gone Astray... in the Highlands'
- Request 71 'New Wares Yet Again'