Grand Theft Auto 5 title update should fix lost progress issues
Out on PS3 today and Xbox 360 "tomorrow at the latest."
Rockstar has issued a PS3 update to Grand Theft Auto Online that should eliminate issues with profiles losing progress.
While the update is only on PS3 so far, Rockstar noted on its Newswire that it will be out on Xbox 360 "tomorrow at the latest."
"This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure," Rockstar explained. "A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved."
Additionally, the update includes numerous other fixes too. These include:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
While Rockstar continues to investigate the various bugs in GTA Online, it advises players manually save their game before turning it off. This can be done by exiting to single-player in the pause menu.
It also noted that should players receive the message "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable", they should not hit the "Retry" option or attempt to create a temporary character. Instead, it advises players exit to Story Mode and attempt to access GTA Online again from there.
"We apologise for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue," Rockstar added. "Please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this."