Season 6 in Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is just around the corner - and with it an array of new game modes, maps and weapons to unlock.
Under the premise of the culmination of The Numbers event, as well as a focus on Adler's storyline and the grand finale for Zombies, there'll be tonnes of additions, including significant changes to Verdansk.
This page outlines the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 6 release date and everything you have to look forward to during the season.
On this page:
When does Season 6 of Warzone come out? Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 6 release time in BST, CEST, EDT and PDT explained
The Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 6 release date is Thursday, October 7th.
The release times are as follows:
- UK: 5am (BST)
- Europe: 6am (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12am (EDT)
- West Coast US: 9pm on Wednesday, October 6th (PDT)
If you're curious about download sizes, you can find them below:
- PS5/PS4: 30.6 GB
- Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One: 30.1 GB
- PC: 39.3 GB (Warzone only) / 40.5 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare)
As per usual, be prepared for the release times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
Warzone Season 4 Reloaded is here! In the meantime, learn about a recent addition to Warzone, Mercenary Vaults. If you want to learn more about firepower from previously, we explain the best Welgun loadout, best Cooper Carbine loadout, best Gorenko Anti-Tank Rifle loadout, best STG44 loadout, best MP40 loadout, best Automaton loadout, best BAR loadout, best Combat Shotgun loadout, best Type 100 loadout, and best Kar98k loadouts.
What's new in the Season 6 update in Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone?
Double agents had their spotlight during Season 5, while Season 5 Reloaded had a build up towards The Numbers event. Now, the storyline is culminating with a showdown between Adler and Stitch.
As per usual, Black Ops: Cold War players will receive new modes and playlists. There'll be quite a few new weapons to most likely shake the meta, too, as well as the grand finale to Zombies.
Warzone is on the spotlight in regards to Verdansk. In the trailer we witness some areas of the battle royale map destroyed, and this has an impact on the points of interest you'll be navigating through.
At a glance, here's what you can expect as part of Season 6:
- New operator - Alex Mason (Battle Pass)
- New operator - Fuze (in season)
- New weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at launch - The Grav assault rifle (Battle Pass), the .410 Ironhide shotgun (Battle Pass), and the Battle Axe melee weapon (challenge or blueprint)
- New weapons for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone in season - The LAPA SMG (The Haunting Event or blueprint) and the Hammer and Sickle melee weapon (challenge or blueprint)
- New seasonal event for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone - The Haunting Event (begins Tuesday, October 19th)
- New Warzone points of interest - Fissures in Stadium and Downtown
- New Warzone points of interest - World War II bunkers
- New Gulag inspired by the original
- New Zombies round-based map - Forsaken (launch)
- New Zombies perk - PhD Slider (sliding into enemies triggers an explosion, the size and damage increases the farther you slide before impact)
- New Zombies Perk Machines for PhD Slider and Death Perception perks
- New Zombies Wonder Weapon - Chrysalax (as part of Forsaken's quest, trials or Mystery Boxes)
- New Zombies Support Weapons - ARC-XD and Hand Cannon
- New Onslaught map, limited-time mode Onslaught Elite and legendary assault rifle blueprint (PlayStation only)
- New map for Black Ops: Cold War at launch - Deprogram (6v6), Amerika (6v6), Gluboko (2v2 and 3v3)
- New map for Black Ops: Cold War at launch - Amerika (6v6)
- New map for Black Ops: Cold War at launch - Gluboko (2v2 and 3v3)
Until the release, make sure to double check for any Season 5 Battle Skins that you'd like to add to your collection before the new season rolls out!