What a Mess: Talk to the Plants, What a Mess: Clear the Mold and What a Mess: Even more Mold are the last three missions Ahti the Janitor will ask you complete in Control.
Ahti's not a hard task master, however, and once you complete these missions, he'll let you take a break. What a Mess: Take a Break involves doing just that and will reward you with the Janitor's Assistant Uniform. This is one of the outfits Jesse can wear in Control.
Like the previous What a Mess missions, you'll also be rewarded with Ability Points, Material and new Mods - both Personal and Weapon.
On this page:
- Plant locations for What a Mess: Talk to the Plants
- Rewards for completing What a Mess; Talk to the Plants
- Mold locations in What a Mess: Clear the Mold
- Rewards for completing What a Mess: Clear the Mold
- Mold locations in What a Mess: Even more Mold
- Rewards for completing What a Mess: Even More Mold
- What a Mess: Take a Break and unlocking the Janitor's Assistant Uniform
Need more help in your quest through the Oldest House? Then check out our Control walkthrough hub, with links to all our Control guides.
Plant locations for What a Mess: Talk to the Plants
This time Ahti needs you to talk to the plants in Central Research.
Head back to the Power Plant and use the Control Point there to fast travel to Central Research.
You need to talk to 6 plants scattered around Central Research. These are the plant locations:
- By the desk near the Sector Elevator
- Next to the door to Dr. Darling's office
- Next to Ahti's cart on the lowest floor of Central Research
- To the left of the entrance to the cafeteria
- At the bottom of the stairs next to the shelter on the lowest floor
- By the desk in front of the Parapsychology department
When you find a plant, walk up and talk to it to boost its self-esteem.
Make sure you kill any attacking Hiss as well. They clearly don't like plants, because you can't talk to a plants when the Hiss are around.
Once you've talked to all the plants, the mission will be completed.
Rewards for completing What a Mess: Talk to the Plants
Completing What a Mess: Talk to the Plants will reward you with:
Mold locations in What a Mess: Clear the Mold
Ahti wants you to eradicate the Mold from the Medical Wing in the Containment Sector.
To reach the Medical Wing, head back to the Power Plant and use the Control Point to fast travel to the Logistics department in the Containment Sector.
From there, head through the northern doors into Security and go down the left-hand pathway to reach the Medical Wing.
Follow the corridor into the heart of the Medical Wing; you'll know you're in the right place when you find Ahti's cart.
To eradicate the mold you must destroy 6 green, glowing, mold balls.
You can destroy these mold balls by either using your Service Weapon or by launching an object at them. Keep an eye out for any Hiss forces too.
The location of these mold balls are:
- On the wall in the centre of the mold infested area of the main room
- In the storage room accessible through the left-hand door in the main room of the Medical Wing
- On the ceiling just above the stairwell to the mold infested area of the main room
- On the ceiling above the door leading to the stairs to Security
- In the far-left decontamination shower
- In the office left of Ahti's cart - run to the doorway nearly blocked by mold and you'll be able to see it attached to the wall in the next room
Destroying all six mold ball will complete the mission.
Rewards for completing What a Mess: Clear the Mold
Completing What a Mess: Clear the Mold will reward you with:
Mold locations in What a Mess: Even more Mold
Ahti has some more mold that needs removing around the Coolant Pumps in the Maintenance Sector.
Your destination is the NSC Coolant Pumps Upper Level, which is quickly reached via Fast Travel.
Once you're there, you need to destroy 6 more green, glowing balls.
Like before, these mold balls can be destroyed with either your Service Weapon or your Launch powers. You'll also want to make sure you keep an eye out for any attacking Hiss forces.
The locations of the mold balls are:
- Directly above Ahti's cart
- Directly above the doorway you enter the upper level of the Coolant Pumps by
- Above the hanging platform in the middle of the room
- On the side wall before you descend down the steps on the far side of the room
- On the inside alcove of the left-hand pillar towards the right-hand side of the room - you can reach it from the ground
- Head to the far end of the room and look back across the room - you'll see it attached to the wall just beneath the walkway
Destroying all six mold balls will bring this mission to the end.
Rewards for completing What a Mess: Even More Mold
Completing What a Mess: Even More Mold will reward you with:
It’s time to journey into the mysterious Federal Bureau of Control. Our Control walkthrough can help you through the storyline missions, including Welcome to the Oldest House, Unknown Caller, Directorial Override, Old Boy’s Club, Threshold, My Brother's Keeper, The Face of the Enemy, Finnish Tango, Polaris and Take Control. You can also learn new supernatural powers by completing A Merry Chase, A Good Defence and A Captive Audience. We also have guides on upgrading the Service Weapon, your Abilities, how to use Weapon and Personal Mods, how to unlock every outfit and the solution to the Roulette Wheel puzzle.
What a Mess: Take a Break and unlocking the Janitor's Assistant Uniform
With those missions completed, head back to the Janitor's Office.
The moment you enter the office the mission, What a Mess: Take a Break, will begin.
Sit down on the sofa and enjoy your break.
When your break is over, you'll find something hanging on the noticeboard.
Taking this will unlock the Janitor's Assistant Uniform, alongside:
Congratulations! You've completed all of Ahti's missions, making you the best assistant janitor in the Federal Bureau of Control.