Yakuza: Of The End tops Japan charts
PSP rules hardware, 3DS down again.
Sega's mobster/zombie mash-up Yakuza: Of The End takes the top spot in this week's Japanese sales chart, and by some margin.
According to the latest Media Create numbers, as reported by Andriasang, the PlayStation 3 exclusive sold 298,717. That's leagues ahead of runner-up Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, which managed 15,551 in its second week on shelves.
Elsewhere in the chart, Red Faction: Armageddon managed to creep in at number nine, selling 5436 copies.
Here's the full top 10:
- Yakuza Of The End (Sega, PS3): 298,717 NEW!
- Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom, 3DS): 15,551 (Life-to-date: 74,343)
- Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Pokemon, DS): 11,421 (130,812)
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional (Square Enix, DS): 10,526 (530,022)
- One Piece Unlimited Cruise Special (Namco Bandai, 3DS): 8,384 (105,625)
- Gekiatsu!! Pachige Tamashii Portable Vol.1 Evangelion Shinjitsu no Tsubasa (Fields, PSP): 6,808 NEW!
- Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 6,243 (1,911,195)
- Akiba's Trip (Acquire, PSP): 5,523 (89,477)
- Red Faction Armageddon (Spike, PS3): 5,436 NEW!
- Patapon 3 (SCEJ, PSP): 5,306 (116,798)
Yet again, the PSP took the hardware crown, although sales were down from 30,155 last week to 26,681.
3DS came in second, though sales slipped from 27,357 to 24,649 following a couple of weeks of modest growth.
Nintendo will be hoping the release of Ocarina of Time 3D this week will push the struggling system back to the top of the pile.
The full hardware chart played out as follows:
- PSP: 26,681 (Last week: 30,155)
- 3DS: 24,649 (27,357)
- PS3: 17,104 (16,510)
- Wii: 6,357 (6,315)
- DSi XL: 5,283 (5,452)
- DSi: 5,232 (5,187)
- Xbox 360: 2,370 (2,499)
- PS2: 1,291 (1,228)
- DS Lite: 146 (138)
- PSP go: 69 (62)