Skip to main content

Long read: The beauty and drama of video games and their clouds

"It's a little bit hard to work out without knowing the altitude of that dragon..."

If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

UK charts: Street Fighter IV victorious

DOWII, 50 Cent, RACE Pro all feature.

Street Fighter IV batters competition to lead the UK all-formats chart this week.

The Capcom brawler shifts 53 per cent of copies on PlayStation 3, leaving only 47 per cent on Xbox 360. A d-pad preference, perhaps.

That new entry turfs Wii Fit down to two, despite the latter selling 20 per cent more copies this week.

Newcomer and PC-exclusive Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II follows at three. The Relic RTS also knocks Football Manager off of the PC-specific throne.

Below, animated series tie-in Ben 10: Alien Force jumps from 13 to four, trailed by FIFA 09 at five and Call of Duty: World at War at six.

SEGA Mega Drive: Ultimate Collection enters at seven, ahead of Mario Kart Wii at eight, Wii Play at nine and F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin at 10.

Other new entries this week are the Xbox 360-exclusive RACE Pro at 13, and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand at 22, which must be a little disappointing for THQ.

This Week Last Week Title Platform(s)
1 New entry Street Fighter IV Xbox 360, PS3
2 1 Wii Fit Wii
3 New entry Warhamer 40,000: Dawn of War II PC
4 13 Ben 10: Alien Force Wii, DS, PS2, PSP
5 5 FIFA 09 PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS
6 4 Call of Duty: World at War PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS
7 New entry SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection Xbox 360, PS3
8 6 Mario Kart Wii Wii
9 7 Wii Play Wii
10 2 F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin PC, Xbox 360, PS3
11 9 Professor Layton and the Curious Village DS
12 40 Disney's Bolt PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS
13 New entry RACE Pro Xbox 360
14 14 Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360, PS3, PC
15 15 The House of the Dead: Overkill Wii
16 12 Guitar Hero: World Tour Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii
17 10 Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Wii, DS
18 17 Carnival: Funfair Games Wii
19 18 Need for Speed Undercover PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS
20 8 My Fitness Coach Wii
21 25 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Xbox 360, PS3, PC, DS
22 New entry 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand Xbox 360, PS3
23 19 LEGO Batman: The Videogame PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS
24 16 Dr Kawashima's Brain Training DS
25 11 Left 4 Dead PC, Xbox 360
26 3 Mystery Case Files: Millionheir DS
27 28 Mario Kart DS DS
28 20 Tomb Raider: Underworld PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS
29 23 LEGO Indiana Jones PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS
30 24 Football Manager 2009 PC, PSP
31 29 Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 PC, Xbox 360, PS3
32 30 NEW Super Mario Bros. DS
33 33 LittleBigPlanet PS3
34 34 Sonic Unleashed Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii
35 22 Puzzler Collection Wii, DS, PSP
36 26 Shaun White Snowboarding Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, DS
37 Re-entry Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City Wii
38 21 Skate 2 Xbox 360, PS3
39 27 The Lord of the Rings: Conquest PC, Xbox 360, PS3
40 39 Quantum of Solace PC, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, DS

Leisure software charts compiled by Gfk Chart-Track, ©2008 ELSPA (UK) Ltd.