UPDATE 6.21pm: The Last of Us Remastered has finally been officially unveiled by Sony.
Naughty Dog community strategist Arne Meyer detailed the PS4 version on the PlayStation Blog where he noted that it would be in 1080p and include "higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements."
Another update this "Remastered" edition will bring is optional audio commentary for the cinematics with creative director Neil Druckmann, and lead actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.
Further adding value to the package, The Last of Us Remastered will include all of the original game's DLC, including the Left Behind single-player expansion, the Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack, and the mysterious multiplayer add-on Reclaimed Territories pack.
Pre-orders from various retailers will comes with the following perks:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode.
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single-player campaign.
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the single-player campaign.
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the single-player campaign.
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the single-player campaign.
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the single-player campaign.
ORIGINAL STORY 8.27am: The Last of Us: Remastered for PlayStation 4 has been revealed.
A banner advertisement for Naughty Dog's zombie survival epic popped up on the US Sony Entertainment Network website (spotted by NeoGAF), listing a $59.99 price. There's also mention of it being a Day 1 Digital release, confirming a physical version.
We've taken a screen grab, above.
The PS4 version of the game was expected after a Sony Turkey executive said it would release this summer and include all the downloadable content.
At the time a Sony spokesperson told Eurogamer: "At no time have we announced that The Last of Us is coming to PS4 and therefore, have nothing to say on the subject."
We expect Sony to officially announce the game soon.
Will you support Eurogamer?