Resident Evil 7 Antique Coins are a collectible dotted throughout the game's many locations, and can be used to purchase special items, some of which you cannot find anywhere else.
As such, they're worth tracking down. Not only do they unlock certain items, but they also unlock Trophies and Achievements, such as Pelicans in Your Pocket.
Note that the Normal and Easy Antique Coins differ to those on Madhouse difficulty - with this page only covering the former in Resident Evil 7.
If you're after help for parts of the game, consult our complete Resident Evil 7 walkthrough.
What are Antique Coins used for in Resident Evil 7?
In the game's default Easy and Normal difficulties, there are 18 Antique Coins to find, and can be spent in the Yard (specifically the Trailer before you head to the Old House) and the Swamp (inside the safe house).
- 3 Coins - Steroids (increase max health indefinitely)
- 5 Coins - Stablizer (reloading speed increases indefinitely)
- 9 Coins - 44 MAG (a lot of kick back, and a lot of stopping power)
Resident Evil 7 Antique Coins locations
The following coins are listed in the order you'll come across them in the game's Normal and Easy campaigns. Note to unlock the Pelicans in Your Pocket Trophy or Achievement, you have to collect them all in a single playthrough, so if you're playing first time, scroll through the list and make sure you haven't missed any, as there are points of no return for each area.
1) Old House 1F, Kitchen: Play the Play the Derelict House Tape and when you begin, step backwards two steps and look down to find a Lockpick. Play until the kitchen and open the locked drawer. Back in the present (feel free to quit the tape at this point) go to the kitchen and the drawer can be opened, with an Antique Coin inside.
2) Main House 1F, floor hatch passage: After you use the Floor Hatch key but before the Laundry Room safe house, find the red lawnmower on the left.
3) Main House 1F, Main Hall: Inside the top drawer in the north east corner.
4) Main House 2F, Recreation Room: In the north east corner of the room.
5) Main House 2F, Bathroom: Inside the toilet.
6) Main House 1F, in room between Drawing Room and Monitoring Room: On the table, inside the ash tray.
7) Main House B1 Processing Area: After moving the corrugated divider, there's a map in the following area. Between those two points, along the left side of the wall, it's resting behind a wooden slat.
8) Yard: Go right as soon as you leave the Main House, and it's inside a flower pot.
9) Yard, Trailer: On the table by the bird cage.
10) Old House 1F, Cellar: Just outside the Cellar room, an Antique Coin is on the tray table.
11) Old House 1F, Outside: Go to the north east outhouse, it's on the toilet basin next to where you find the Crow Key.
12) Old House 1F, Altar: Inside the drawer in the corner.
13) Testing Area 1F: Clear the tripmines in the western-most room before the Barn, and it's in a drawer.
14) Testing Area 2F, Rest Area: Go north and through the doorway after the burnt corpse and the Party Room password.
15) Wrecked Ship S1, vent: As you first explore the ship and before you need to find the initial Fuse, you drop into a vent after the first flashback. Take the first right, and it's at the end in the corner. Note you cannot backtrack and get this later.
16) Wrecked Ship S1: As you first explore the ship and before you need to find the initial Fuse, you climb a ladder and drop into a pool of water. Search on the left until the prompt appears. Note you cannot backtrack and get this later.
Want more help? Our Resident Evil 7 walkthrough provides step-by-step instructions on how to survive the main story, as well as finding the Shotgun, Grenade Launcher and the game's many Lockpicks and Treasure Photos. Meanwhile, our Antique Coins locations, Mr Everywhere statue locations and File locations lists will help you find every available collectible on Normal and Easy difficulties.
17) Wrecked Ship 3F, Control Room: Use a Lockpick on the locked case.
18) Wrecked Ship S2: Open the container on the wall with the Corrosive between the two Engine Rooms.