Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC tracks will offer us a total of 48 new courses - doubling the track listing of the original game.
Featuring courses from across the series, DLC tracks will arrive in Waves as part of the Booster Course Pass, with new tracks arriving two cups at a time.
By the end of 2023 the courses will all be available - and until then, we're left with datamines as to what to expect.
On this page:
Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 1 tracks list
Released on March 18th, 2022, the Wave 1 tracks list for Mario Kart 8 are:
Golden Dash Cup
- Paris Promenade (Mario Kart Tour)
- Toad Circuit (Nintendo 3DS)
- Choco Mountain (Nintendo 64)
- Coconut Mall (Wii)
Lucky Cat Cup
- Tokyo Blur (Mario Kart Tour)
- Shroom Ridge (Nintendo DS)
- Sky Garden (Game Boy Advance)
- Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart Tour)
Mario Kart 8 Wave 2 tracks and beyond: What do we know about future DLC tracks in Mario Kart 8?
So far, we know two things about the future DLC courses in Mario Kart 8. One, that they will all be based on other games in the series, including mobile title Mario Kart Tour. Two, the names of future cups - which are:
- Wave 2: Turnip Cup, Propeller Cup
- Wave 3: Rock Cup, Moon Cup
- Wave 4: Fruit Cup, Boomerang Cup
- Wave 5: Feather Cup, Cherry Cup
- Wave 6: Acorn Cup, Spiny Cup
Otherwise, Nintendo has yet to officially confirm the future tracks for Mario Kart 8 DLC. That said, datamines are giving us some indication.
One, from MrNantendo on Twitter, shows a banner image with visuals of four tracks - Sydney Sprint and LA Laps from Mario Kart Tour, Mario Circuit on the SNES and Koopa Cape on the Wii - as well as possibly Rainbow Road (3DS), Vanilla Lake (SNES?), New York Minute (Tour), Sunset Wilds (Super Circuit) and Maple Treeway (Wii):
Looks like we got a datamine leak after all. Courses on here include:— DJ Joshua Goldie (@MrNantendo) March 18, 2022
- Sydney Sprint (tour)
- LA Laps (tour)
- Mario Circuit (SNES)
- Koopa Cape (Wii)
Can you see any more? pic.twitter.com/uv6bGadUye
Elsewhere, another datamine from Quaa in the Mario Kart Central discord (via kingdomharms on reddit) has suggested future courses will include the following, with some overlap with the above datamine:
- DK Summit (Wii, reappeared in Mario Kart Tour)
- GCN Waluigi Stadium (Mario Kart Double Dash)
- LA Laps (Mario Kart Tour)
- Maple Treeway (Wii, reappeared in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart Tour)
- New York Minute (Mario Kart Tour)
- RMX Mario Circuit 1 (Mario Kart Tour)
- Singapore Speedway (Mario Kart Tour)
- SNES Mario Circuit 1 or 2 (SNES)
- Sunset Wilds (Mario Kart: Super Circuit, later released in Mario Kart Tour)
- Sydney Sprint (Mario Kart Tour)
Of course, take the above with a pinch of salt - but the reappearance of multiple Mario Kart Tour tracks (both original and remixed) is perhaps not a huge surprise.