Fall Guys Season 2 is the first major update since its free-to-play relaunch earlier this year.
After being teased with an in-game event, Satellite Repair, the Fall Guys season theme is Satellite Scramble - with new events, rounds and of course, Battle Pass to progress through.
This page features our Fall Guys Season 2 release time estimate and everything you can expect from the new space-bound theme.
On this page:
Fall Guys Season 2 release time estimate
UPDATE 2 (3pm UK): And we are live! Developer Mediatonic has given the community the go ahead to log in - complete with a thread of additional tweaks and changes, which you can view below. Time to start downloading - in the meantime, you can see all Season 2 Battle Pass rewards while you wait.
🛰️ Fixed visual bugs on Nintendo Switch when encountering obstacles with full-screen VFX such as Gravity Zones. Removed levels have been re-added to the game and are back in Custom Lobbies— Fall Guys - Creative Construction (@FallGuysGame) September 15, 2022
🛰️ Fixed Gravity Zone SFX persisting after a player is eliminated within the zone
🛰️ Fixed players appearing to slide around in their start pose when starting a game on Switch— Fall Guys - Creative Construction (@FallGuysGame) September 15, 2022
🛰️ Head Turner achievement changed to only require a legendary Top and Bottom
🛰️ Fixed incorrect controller inputs showing for PS5 controllers
UPDATE (9:30am UK): The official Twitter account has confirmed it is not live "right now" (for us, servers for Season 1 are still going) and starting the game before the new season is available could see certain things not appear.
With Season 1, it was technically live (and for us, fully playable) ahead of an announcement - but whether you want to risk it is up to you. Either way - we're looking at a few hours away yet, and we'd estimate early afternoon UK time (around six hours from now).
Heads up!— Fall Guys - Creative Construction (@FallGuysGame) September 15, 2022
Season 2 will be live today (but not right now). We don’t post an exact time for our updates, so that we can check for glitches in the system.
If you open the game before we announce anything, you may see:
🦝 No new challenges
🦝 No new show
🦝 No store
🦝 Raccoons pic.twitter.com/lwWFMabzGG
ORIGINAL REPORT: Fall Guys Season 2 has a release date of Thursday, September 15th on all platforms.
As always, developer Mediatonic doesn't disclose when new seasons go live. Based on the in-game countdown for when the current Satellite Repair event ends, this puts the best estimate at the following release time in these regions:
- UK: 10am (BST / UK)
- Europe: 11am (CEST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 5am (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 2am (PST / West Coast US)
Additionally, know that Season 1 of Fall Guys went live by 9:30am UK time - half an hour before the above - suggesting this is the expected time when new updates go live.
Things could differ, of course - this is an online game with a significant update, after all - so for those in the Americas, it might be best to wait until the morning local time to be safe.
Before the free-to-play launch, seasons released sometime in the afternoon UK time (around four to six hours after the above) so if it doesn't hit our estimate, we'd certainly expect it by then.
What's new in Season 2: Satellite Scramble?
The second season of Fall Guys has a space-theme, were "the residents of the Blunderdome leaving the relative safety of their planet for the first time, with their hearts hungry for adventure".
Here's what you can expect:
- The Satellite Explorers launch event, which has you "repairing, rebuilding and designing" the Fall Guys satellite within new arenas, offering rewards including:
- Space Bean Nickname (200 Points earned)
- 200 Kudos (300 Points earned)
- Satellite Explorer Nameplate (500 Points earned)
- Space Icons Pattern (800 Points earned)
- Satellite Backpack (1000 Points earned)
- Eight new and revamped rounds, including Tiptoe Finale ("one wrong step could send you tumbling into the cosmos"), Starchart ("take a leap of faith and walk the invisible paths to the end of the race"), Pixel Painters (which "has you hopping on tiles to spell out the correct patterns"), Cosmic Highway ("players hop across rows of moving platforms") and more.
- A new Season Pass with over 100 tiers of rewards and unlocks - including costumes for the likes of Xenomorph, Hatsune Miku and Spock.
- As well as the above, unannounced "improvements, bug fixes and new features", and likely some mid-season surprises.
Good luck with Fall Guys Season 2!