Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen - also known as Season 13 - is the first major update in the game's fourth year.
The headline is a new matchmade activity - something which has been missing since the introduction of Beyond Light - as well a total of three new Strikes, some of which are returning from the original Destiny, and a new social space.
Elsewhere, you can expect new Exotics and Legendary Gear, a new Seasonal Challenge system to replace Weekly Bounties, and of course, a battle pass with 100 tiers of rewards, a new artefact with its own set of mods and a Power level boost.
On this page:
Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen roadmap: What's new in Season 13
Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen is the second season of content in the game's fourth year, following on from the debut of Season of the Hunt which launched alongside Beyond Light in November, and the 13th Season in total.
This season's storyline centres around Empress Caiatl - daughter of Calus, the antagonist of the base game - who has arrived in the solar system to fight the Hive.
Here's the roadmap for Season 13 content:
At launch (February 9th):
- New social space H.E.L.M., where you can use the Prismatic Recaster (used to decrypt Umbral Engrams, which are returning this Season) and upgrade your Hammer of Proving (to unlock different pursuits and rewards at the Battlegrounds) at the War Table vendor:
- Debut of the Battlegrounds activity (Behemoth and Hailstone maps available) for Season pass holders
- Two new Strikes (Devil's Lair and Fallen Saber from Destiny 1)
- Stasis Aspect quests begin
- The debut of Seasonal Challenges, replacing Weekly Bounties and will offer new ways to earn XP and other rewards week-by-week:
- Tweaks to weapon recoil on PC and other weapon balance changes
- New Pursuit weapon, the Breech Loaded Grenade Launcher 'Salvager's Salvo', rewarded from a Strike, Gambit or Crucible quest of your choice:
- Other regular Seasonal content - including a battle pass with 100 tiers of rewards, seasonal artefact, new Power level cap, and new Exotics to earn
- And finally, a third landing zone in Europa.
- Return of Trials,with new gear drops:
- New Battleground map (Cleansing) for Season Pass holders
- New Battleground map (Oracle) for Season Pass holders
- Iron Banner
- New Strike (Proving Grounds) early access for Season pass holders
- Iron Banner
- New Strike (Proving Grounds) available for all players, debuts in Nightfall activity
- Iron Banner
- Guardian Games event begins
May 7th to May 9th
- Guardian Games event closing ceremony
- Season of the Chosen concludes
As with previous seasons, expect some surprises among the above dates. For example, in the past, Exotic quests have debuted unannounced.
New for February is Season of the Chosen - which introduced the Presage mission, the Hammer of Proving, Cabal Gold and War Table reputation. There are also new Exotics, a max level cap and sunset list, and the Aspect of Influence quest. If you're still catching up with Beyond Light, make sure you pick up Salvation's Grip, The Lament, Hawkmoon - which can be improved further with the Harbinger quest - and Augment Triumphs. As well as XP farm and Glimmer farm advice, looking to the year ahead, we explain everything we know about Destiny 2 crossplay and transmog.
Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen dates: Release time and end date explained
Destiny 2 Season of the Chosen has a release date of Tuesday, February 9th, at the following weekly reset time:
- UK: 5pm (GMT)
- Europe: 6pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12pm (EST)
- West Coast US: 9am (PST)
Downtime for the new Season will begin 15 minutes before the above times - with the patch being pushed around when the weekly reset goes live. Once downloaded, you should be free to start playing.
Meanwhile, Season of the Chosen has an end date of Tuesday, May 11th, also at the same reset time.
Before the end of the season, note the following will be removed or unable to be redeemed in the game - so it's best to take advantage of them before Season 13 arrives (the following is copied verbatim from Bungie.net):
- Weekly Bounties: Strikes, Crucible, Gambit, Gunsmith, Crow
- Crucible Tokens and Crucible Token Gifts
- Memory Fragments for Stasis
- All Crow Bounties
- Planetary materials: Alkane Dust, Phaseglass Needles, Seraphite, Simulation Seeds (you will be able to turn these into Spider for Glimmer)
Additionally, Season 9 weapons will be sunset during this season.
Finally, this is also when your Halo stats will be removed from the Bungie website - so be sure to make copies of any records you want to keep!