Season 2 of Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone is almost here - and with it the second major update to Treyarch's 2020 Call of Duty, and another revamp to Warzone.
This page outlines the Black Ops - Cold War and Warzone Season 2 release time and some of what you have to look forward to in Season 2.
On this page:
Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 2 release time in GMT, CST, EDT and PDT explained
UPDATE (February 25th): Season 2 is now here! Here's our coverage of the new Season and its many additions and changes:
The Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone Season 2 release date is Thursday, February 25th, with the season going live at the following times:
- UK: 7am (GMT / UK)
- Europe: 8am (CST / West Europe)
- East Coast US: 2am (EST / East Coast US)
- West Coast US: 11pm on February 24th (PST / West Coast US)
These times are similar to previous seasons - meaning those in Europe can wake up to the new season, or those across the pond having the option of making a start in the late evening / very early morning. (Which we would advise against - your sleep is important!)
Something new is Activision has now outlined the 'window' of when the update will be available, starting two hours prior to the above times. As with previous seasons, the download is available now on PlayStation, which means on other systems, expect the patch to arrive a couple of hours prior.
As always, be prepared for the above times to change in case there's any last minute changes or setbacks from the developer.
What's new in Season 2 of Black Ops - Cold War: Warzone?
With the tagline 'The End Begins', expect a horror and zombie themed season for Warzone and Black Ops: Cold War.
- Four new Operators - Naga: Warsaw Pact (launch week), Maxis: NATO (in season), Wolf: NATO (in season) and Rivas: Nato (in season)
- Six new weapons - FARA 83: Assault Rifle (launch week), LC10: SMG (launch week), Machete: Special (in season), E-Tool: Melee (in season), R1 Shadowhunter: Special (in season), ZRG 20mm: Sniper (in season)
- New Warzone modes - Rebirth Island Resurgence Extreme (launch week), Exfiltration (in season)
- New Warzone points of interest - including the Vodianoy tanker off of Rebirth Island, and "something major is beginning to rumble deep underground" in Verdansk. Any ideas?
- New "large-scale Zombies experience" Zombies mode Outbreak in Black Ops: Cold War, alongside new Zombies mode additions such as the Frenzied Guard field upgrade and Shatter Blast ammo mod
- New maps for Black Ops: Cold War - Apocalypse (launch week), Golova (in season), Mansion (in season), Miami Strike (in season)
- New modes for Black Ops: Cold War - Gun Game (launch week), Stockpile (in season), Hardpoint (in season)
- New Scorestreak Death Machine (launch week), vehicle Sedan (launch week), vehicle Light Truck (launch week)
- New Season Challenges and Prestige levels in Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone
Good luck in this second season!