Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition out next month
No new NFS this year, but there is this.
There's no new Need for Speed game coming out this year. But there is last year's game, Need for Speed Rivals, in new Complete Edition form.
The Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition includes all the game's downloadable content, and is due out on 24th October in Europe and 21st October in North America for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC via EA's platform Origin.
The DLC included is as follows:
- Ferrari Edition Special Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of these extreme machines - The Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari F50.
- Simply Jaguar Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the Jaguar C-X75, the most advanced Jaguar ever created, and the Jaguar XJ220 - the world's first Hypercar.
- Concept Lamborghini Complete Pack: Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the astonishing Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo and the stunning Lamborghini Miura Concept.
- The Koenigsegg Agera One: The Koenigsegg One:1 is in a category of its own. It´s not a Supercar, not a Hypercar...It´s a One:1. The name refers to the almost impossible and highly sought-after ratio of one horsepower per kilogram.
- Complete Movie Pack: Includes Cop and Racer versions of the GTA Spano; and Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Plus, the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition as a Cop and the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Roadster 722 S as a Racer.
- Loaded Garage Pack: Complete your vehicle collection with the Loaded Garage Pack which includes the Ultimate Cop Pack, Ultimate Racer Pack, Premium Livery Pack, Classic Muscle Livery, Track Day Livery, VIP Matte Kit Livery and Digital Revolution Livery.
Ghost Games' Need for Speed Rivals launched last November and we liked it very much indeed. "Before downsizing, Criterion created some of the last generation's very best arcade racers in Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise," Martin Robinson wrote in Eurogamer's 9/10 Need for Speed Rivals review. "Ghost Games has carried on that torch and crafted a racer that any of its competitors would do well to match in the new generation."
Back in May 2014 EA announced there wouldn't be a new Need for Speed game this year. Ghost Games is hard at work on the next game in the series, due out at some point in 2015. At the time, executive producer Marcus Nilsson said: "We will listen to you. We're going to give you the game you've been asking for. It will be the game you deserve, but to do that will take us some time.
"We've made the decision to not release a Need for Speed in 2014, so we can work towards a highly innovative Need for Speed in 2015. An experience built on a foundation we know you'll greatly look forward to."