Destiny bug reveals expansion DLC
UPDATE: Bungie maintains that The Dark Below's development isn't finished yet.
UPDATE 29/09/2014 8.50pm: Bungie has officially confirmed that while this leak is part of its upcoming The Dark Below expansion, that doesn't mean that the content is already complete and on the disc.
"Neither of the Expansion Packs we've announced are finished," the developer stated on its official message board.
Bungie noted that The Dark Below's leaked missions are just the plans for the DLC and not necessarily the DLC itself. "They have activity names (which may or may not change) and we have a really good idea what they're going to contain. They even have placeholder nodes in the Director, as you've already discovered," Bungie stated.
"Soon, we'll detail it out for you so you can see exactly what we've been working on."
ORIGINAL STORY 29/09/2014 11.14am: A Destiny player has encountered a bug that appears to reveal planned downloadable content.
Irish player Ben Kinsella encountered a bug that prevented him from entering The Tower - Destiny's social hub.
But it also allowed him to view story missions, Strikes, PvP modes and Raids that are not in the game yet for everyone else.
Kinsella created the video, below, which shows off the new content, and Reddit user KilledbyDice has listed it all.
- Strike [Level 10] - The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it's strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
- Story Mission [Level 18] - The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
- Story Mission [Level 18] - The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota's reign.
- Story Mission [Level 20] - Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.
- Strike [Level 14] - The House of Wolves: No description
- Strike [Level 26] - The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content.
- RAID [Level 28] - Crota's End: He waits in the dark below
- Story Mission [Level 20] - The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.
- Story Mission [Level 20] - Wolves' Harvest: Track down the Queen's traitorous Wolves and recover what they've stolen from the Awoken.
- Story Mission [Level 22] - The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves' Kell
- Strike [Level 20] - The Hypogeum: The resurrection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden's heart beats again.
- RAID [Level 28] - Reef Raid: No Description
- Skirmish [Special Event?] - Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
- A string of victories will earn you great rewards - but lose three times and you're out.
- 3v3 Team Deathmatch
- Level Advantages Enabled
- Weekly Rewards
- Trial Set Gear
- Ascendant Materials
- Crucible Marks
Much of the new content requires one of two planned expansions. The video shows that the Jovian Complex, for example, requires The Dark Below expansion, which is the first expansion for Destiny and is due out in December. It also shows a Moon Strike, for example, requires The House of Wolves expansion, already announced and due after The Dark Below.
We've asked Activision for comment.