Learning the Dungeon and Raid rotation allows you to progress faster into Destiny 2's levelling end-game.
It's also a good excuse to return to some previous end-game activities you might have overlooked - and get some unique loot along the way.
On this page:
How does the Destiny 2 Raid and Dungeon rotation schedule work?
Destiny 2 contains a number of Dungeons and Raids. These are endgame activities, tuned for teams of three and six skilled Guardians, respectively.
The latest of each, like King's Fall in the current season, will drop Pinnacle rewards the first time you complete them each week, resetting at the weekly reset.
In the Season of Plunder, the current Dungeon is Duality, and the current Raid is King's Fall.
In addition to this, one older Dungeon and Raid will be featured, and will also drop a Pinnacle reward on completion. This is only on the final boss - so feel free to join a friend or team if they have a checkpoint.
The Pinnacle will only drop once, but you can also farm the featured Dungeon and Raid for the Legendary equipment specific to those locations. It's a great way to fill out your collection and/or chase a god roll on a specific gun, such as Vault of Glass's Fatebringer.
Destiny 2 Dungeon Rotation: What is the Pinnacle Dungeon this week?
As well as the latest Dungeon (Duality), there are four legacy Dungeons, each one rotating to offer a Pinnacle reward each week once you complete the final encounter.
The Destiny 2 Dungeon schedule is:
- August 23rd to August 29th - Shattered Throne, Dreaming City
- August 30th to September 5th - Pit of Heresy, Moon
- September 6th to September 12th - Prophecy, Legends
- September 13th to September 20th - Grasp of Avarice, Cosmodrome
- September 20th to September 27th - Shattered Throne, Dreaming City
- September 27th to October 4th - Pit of Heresy, Moon
The Season of Plunder is here! New additions include the Sails of the Shipstealer quest, Treasure Coordinates and Map Fragments, Cryptic Quatrains and Quicksilver Storm. Meanwhile, there's the arrival of King's Fall and Devious Theory, weapons such as Doom of Chelchis and Touch of Malice, as well as the return of Allied Demand in Iron Banner this season. Get up to speed with our levelling guide ahead of tackling the Duality dungeon, and learn how to collect Calus Bobblehead locations, Calus Automaton locations and find all Opulent Key chests. For The Witch Queen, learn how to get Exotics including Dead Messenger and Parasite.
Destiny 2 Raid Rotation: What is the Pinnacle Raid this week?
As well as the latest Raid (Vow of the Disciple), there are five legacy Raids, each one rotating to offer a Pinnacle reward each week once you complete the final encounter.
The Destiny 2 Raid schedule is as follows:
- August 23rd to August 29th - Last Wish, Dreaming City
- August 30th to September 5th - Garden of Salvation, Moon
- September 6th to September 12th - Deep Stone Crypt, Europa
- September 13th to September 20th - Vault of Glass, Legacy
- September 20th to September 27th - Vow of the Disciple, Throne World
- September 27th to October 4th - Last Wish, Dreaming City
Raids and Dungeons aren't the only rotating content in Destiny 2. If you want exotic armours not available anywhere else be sure to check out our full guide to the daily Lost Sector rotation.