Throughout this event you'll be able to complete the Luminous Legends X timed research quest. Make sure you complete this quest before the event ends, so you can earn a new Rainy Lure Module.
There are also a number of exclusive field research tasks for this event; some of which will reward you with the chance to catch the newly released Gen 6 Pokémon.
On this page:
'Luminous Legends X' quest steps in Pokémon Go
Below you'll find all the challenges and rewards for the Luminous Legends X research quest in Pokémon Go. This section does contain spoilers for the entire quest, so, if you want to be surprised, we recommend skipping it.
The Luminous Legends X research quest is a timed research quest, which means you must complete it before the week ends if you wish to collect all of the rewards.
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
'Luminous Legends X' Step 1 of 7
- Send 5 Gifts to friends - Jigglypuff encounter
- Defeat 3 Team Go Rocket Grunts - Bagon encounter
- Catch 7 Fairy-type Pokémon - Clefairy encounter
Rewards: 1500 XP and 15 Great Balls
'Luminous Legends X' Step 2 of 7
- Earn 7 hearts with your buddy - 10 Razz Berries
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon - Dratini encounter
- Catch 15 Fairy-type Pokémon - Marill encounter
Rewards: 2000 XP and a Rocket Radar
'Luminous Legends X' Step 3 of 7
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo - 5 Hyper Potions
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Cliff - 3 Revives
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Sierra - 3 Max Potions
Rewards: 2500 XP and a Super Rocket Radar
'Luminous Legends X' Step 4 of 7
- Find the Team Go Rocket Boss - 2000 XP
- Battle the Team Go Rocket Boss - 2000 XP
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss - 2000 XP
Rewards: 3000 XP and an Incense
'Luminous Legends X' Step 5 of 7
- Evolve 3 Fairy-type Pokémon - 1 Sinnoh Stone
- Use an Incense - Mawile encounter
- Catch 20 Fairy-type Pokémon- Spritzee encounter
Rewards: 4000 XP and 10 Pinap Berries
'Luminous Legends X' Step 6 of 7
- Make 10 Great Throws - Swirlix encounter
- Use 15 Berries to help catch Pokémon - Cottonee encounter
- Catch 7 different species of Fairy-type Pokémon - Azumarill encounter
Rewards: 6000 XP and 15 Ultra Balls
'Luminous Legends X' Step 7 of 7
- Complete 5 Field Research tasks - 25 PokéBalls
- Win 1 Raid - Gible encounter
- Catch 50 Fairy-type Pokémon - Clefable
Rewards: 5000 Stars and a Rainy Lure Module
Field research tasks and everything you need to know about the Luminous Legends X event
During the Luminous Legends X event in Pokémon Go, you'll be able to collect a number of exclusive field research tasks by spinning PokéStops. These tasks can be saved and completed once the event ends, but, since some of the rewards are encounters with the new Gen 6 Pokémon, you may want to complete them straight away.
Here are the Luminous Legends X field research tasks and their rewards:
- Catch 10 Dragon-type Pokémon reward - Gible encounter
- Catch 5 Fairy-type Pokémon reward - Marill or Cottonee encounter
- Catch 10 Fairy-type Pokémon reward - Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Catch 15 Fairy-type Pokémon reward - Galarian Ponyta encounter
- Use 7 Berries to help catch Pokémon reward - Spritzee or Swirlix encounter
- Win 2 Raids reward - Gible encounter
Thank you to SilphScience from reddit for the help with this information.
The Luminous Legends X event sees the release of eight Gen 6 Pokémon. This includes the fairy-type Pokémon Spritzee and Swirlix, along with their evolutions Aromatisse and Slurpuff.
The dragon-type, Goomy, and it's evolutions, Sliggo and Goodra, are also now available in Pokémon Go. If you want to evolve Sliggo into Goodra, however, you'll need to place one of the new Rainy Lure Modules at a PokéStop.
The final new Pokémon is the legendary Xerneas, which, like all legendary Pokémon, will be available for battle in five-star raids.
The spawn rate for a number of Pokémon, mostly fairy-types, has been boosted throughout the Luminous Legends X event. These Pokémon include:
The 7km egg pool has also been altered for the Luminous Legends X event, with the following Pokémon all appearing at Tier One:
Finally, raids during the Luminous Legends X event will be focused around dragon and fairy-type Pokémon, with Venusaur, Charizard Y and Lopunny all appearing in Mega Raids.
Global Challenge and rewards for the Luminous Legends X event in Pokémon Go explained
The Luminous Legends X event in Pokémon Go has a special Global Challenge running throughout the event, which, if completed, will result in a number of rewards.
The Global Challenge is for trainers around the world to catch a total of 500 million fairy-type Pokémon by Sunday, 9th May at 11:59pm UTC.
If we achieve this goal, we'll be able to enjoy a triple Catch XP bonus, the release of shiny Galarian Ponyta and the release of Pancham in raids from Tuesday, 11th May at 10am (local time) to Monday, 17th May at 8pm (local time).
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! The Halloween event is now live! You can complete the What Lies Behind the Mask research, evolve Galarian Slowking and compete in the Halloween Cup! Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Phantump and Pumpkaboo can now be caught in Pokémon Go!
Luminous Legends X dates and time in Pokémon Go
The Luminous Legends X event in Pokémon Go sees the release of multiple Gen 6 Pokémon in Pokémon Go, including the legendary Xerneas.
Both the timed research quest and the Luminous Legends X research tasks will only be available during the event, which runs from Tuesday, 4th May at 10am (local time) to Monday, 17th May at 8pm (local time).
The Luminous Legends X research quest consists of seven steps, which are made up of three challenges. You'll be rewarded for every overall step and individual challenge you complete, but, due to this being a timed research quest, you'll need to complete this quest within the event or else you won't be able to collect all of the rewards.
Good luck catching all the new Gen 6 Pokémon!