Along with this, you'll also be able to complete the Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge and find some exclusive field research tasks during this one-day long event.
Using an Incense during Hoopa's Arrival will attract a variety of Incense spawns to your location, with the exact Pokémon changing on the hour.
On this page:
- Special research update for Hoopa's Arrival in Pokémon Go explained
- Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge Pokémon List in Pokémon Go
- Incense spawns and hours for Hoopa's Arrival in Pokémon Go explained
- Field research for the Hoopa's Arrival event in Pokémon Go
- How the Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Special research update for Hoopa's Arrival in Pokémon Go explained
The Hoopa's Arrival event marks the first update to the Misunderstood Mischief special research quest. This special research quest will be gradually released into Pokémon Go over the course of the Season of Mischief, so, to fully complete it, you need to keep an eye on the upcoming events.
Quest steps 2 to 4 are now available for completion and you can learn more about the exact challenges in our Misunderstood Mischief guide.
According to the official Pokémon Go blog, we can expect the next update for this special research quest on Wednesday, 8th September at the start of the Psychic Spectacular event.
Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge Pokémon List in Pokémon Go
The Hoopa's Day Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go tasks you with catching 13 Pokémon, which are attracted to Incense throughout the event. Don't worry if you've run out of Incense, because there is a free bundle available from the shop.
Remember - you only have between 11am to 5pm (local time) on Sunday, 5th September to complete this Collection Challenge or else it will vanish forever.
Here are the Pokémon, in National Pokédex order, you need to catch to complete the Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge:
- Alolan Ratatta - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Exeggcute - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Jynx - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Natu - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Girafarig - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Poochyena - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Carvanha - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Spoink - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Duskull - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Beldum - Psychic-type Incense hours
- Drifloon - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Purrloin - Dark and ghost-type Incense hours
- Hoopa - Complete Stage 3 of Misunderstood Mischief
Completing this challenge will reward you with 7200 XP, 10 Hoopa Candy and the Poké Ball Lift pose for your avatar.
Incense spawns and hours for Hoopa's Arrival in Pokémon Go explained
Specific types of Pokémon are attracted to Incense, with the types changing on the hour, throughout the Hoopa's Arrival event in Pokémon Go. The types in question reflect Hoopa's own typing - both in its Confined and Unbound form - being psychic, ghost and dark.
Here are the following hours during the Hoopa's Arrival event when the above types will be active:
- 11am to 12pm - Psychic-type
- 12pm to 1pm - Dark and ghost-types
- 1pm to 2pm - Psychic-type
- 2pm to 3pm - Dark and ghost-types
- 3pm to 4pm - Psychic-type
- 4pm to 5pm - Dark and ghost-types
Don't forget to transfer any spare Pokémon, because, during Hoopa's Arrival, there's a double transfer candy bonus!
During the psychic-type hours, the following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense among others:
- Galarian Ponyta
Throughout the dark and ghost-type hours, you'll be able to encounter the following Pokémon, among others, by using Incense:
- Alolan Rattata
The Season of Mischief is here! Current events include the Season 9 of Go Battle League, the addition of Raid Achievements, the Misunderstood Mischief research quest and the new Finding Your Voice Meloetta research. Shiny Ditto can also now be found in the wild and this tricky Pokémon is now appearing as new creatures! Fashion Week is back! You can now add Furfrou to your Pokédex and battle Fashion Challengers. Meanwhile, the last major update saw a level cap increase - including the addition of XL Candy, boosts to some XP sources and the addition of Platinum Medals. Inkay and Malamar are now in Pokémon Go!
Field research for the Hoopa's Arrival event in Pokémon Go
Throughout the Hoopa's Arrival event in Pokémon Go, you'll be able to collect a selection of event exclusive field research tasks. These tasks can be either completed during the event or saved in your research collection, so you can complete them at your pleasure.
Since the Hoopa's Arrival event is only running from 11am to 5pm (local time) on Sunday, 5th September, you have a small window to find these field research tasks in, so, if there's one you want to complete, make sure you take the time to find it.
Here are the Hoopa's Arrival field research tasks:
- Catch 5 Pokémon reward - 5 Poké Balls
- Catch 5 Pokémon reward - 5 Great Balls
- Catch 5 Pokémon reward - 5 Ultra Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon reward - 10 Great Balls
- Catch 10 Pokémon reward - 10 Ultra Balls
- Catch 20 Pokémon reward - 25 Great Balls
- Catch 50 Pokémon reward - 2 Rare Candies
Thank you to Amiibofan101 from reddit for the help with this information!
How the Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
The Hoopa's Arrival Collection Challenge, along with the event's other bonuses, will only be available on Sunday, 5th September from 11am to 5pm (local time).
Like previous Collection Challenges, you need to obtain a specific list of Pokémon through either catching them or another specific method, such as evolution, to complete this challenge. After doing so, you'll receive the Collection Challenge's rewards and it will be added to your Elite Collector medal.
Collection Challenges are located on the 'Today View' screen, which is accessed by pressing the field research button - the little binoculars - in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. You may have to scroll to the left if you've previously been looking at the field research or special research screen.
When you catch a Pokémon on the Collection Challenge rooster it will be ticked off this list, helping you keep track of which creatures you're missing.
Remember - you must complete the Hoopa's Arrival Collection by 5pm (local time) or else you won't be able to earn its rewards.
Have fun during Hoopa's Arrival and completing the next stages of Misunderstood Mischief!