You've reached the NSC Power Power Plant, but, if you want to use the Directorial Override in Control, you need to fix both the NSC Coolant Pumps and Energy Converters. These, however, are both in the depths of the Maintenance Sector and are surrounded by the forces of the Hiss.
With your Service Weapon, supernatural powers and the guiding words of Ahti the janitor, you're sure to make it out alive. Just don't think about whatever might be powering the Oldest House.
On this page:
- Fix the NSC Coolant Pumps
- Fix NSC Energy Converters
- Lift the Internal Lockdown using the Directorial Override
- Speak with Emily
Need more help in your quest through the Oldest House? Then check out our Control walkthrough hub, with links to all our Control guides.
Fix the NSC Coolant Pumps
Before you do anything else, head right out of the Security Booth and up the stairs to cleanse the Control Point.
We're going to fix the Coolant Pumps first, so follow the signs to the left-hand side of the Power Plant.
Be prepared for the wave of Hiss Charged that will attack you. Try to use your Launch powers to kill these monsters before they get too close, because, when they die, they explode. This is a great place to use the Shatter Weapon Form if you've unlocked it.
Once you're done head through the doors to the NSC Coolant Pumps and follow the corridors. Look out for the supply closet on the right as you go - there's a chest inside.
As get close to the gate, it will shut. Ahti, presumably using the psychic powers that connects all janitors to their assistants, will tell you there's been a power cut and you need to replace the parts.
Use your Launch power to place the electricity box, the orange block, in the socket above the gateway.
Kill the Hiss Guards and Hiss Charged that attack you, before cleansing the Control Point. The doorway on the right will take you to the Furnace Room if you want to explore. For now, you should head forwards towards the Coolant Pumps.
Follow the tunnel, taking out the Hiss when they attack you, to reach the Coolant Pumps.
You fix the Coolant Pumps exactly like how you fixed the gate - by using your Launch Powers to place electricity boxes on the Coolant Pumps. Keep your trigger finger at the ready though, because Hiss enemies will arrives the moment you fix the first Coolant Pump.
There are three pumps to fix:
- First - right in front of you as you enter.
- Second - directly opposite the first one, but on the other side of the room. Use the walkways to reach it.
- Third - on the far right hand side of the room.
Don't worry if you die - you won't lose your progress.
When you reach the third pump, you'll discover that it has been blocked.
Ahti informs you that it's his old enemy, the clog, and you need to deal with it. Follow the corridor directly behind you and you'll discover that the clog is a lot more alive than it should be.
Attack the yellow, spot like, growths on the clog with either your Launch powers or your Service Weapon to push it back through the Pipework. Continue following and attacking the clog, avoiding its vomit like attacks, until it recedes from the pipes completely.
Make sure you collect the chest before leaving the Pipework.
Head back and fix the last pump, dealing with any remaining Hiss.
Your final task is to defeat Trooper Second Class Coppack, who arrives after you fix the last pump. Coppack is a lot stronger than the typical Hiss, with the strong shield too. Make sure to keep your distance and throw as many objects as possible.
Once Coppack is defeated, you can take the lift he entered on to reach the Security Booth.
Collectables to be found:
- Research & Records - Hiss Research - Hiss Charged
- (Receive after killing the first wave of Hiss Charged.)
- Multimedia - FBC Recordings - Furnace Research
- (On a desk in the Furnace Room near the Furnace.)
- Correspondence - Non-Official - Mail Tube Complaint
- (On a board in the lower level of the Furnace Room.)
- Correspondence - Official - Clog Complaint
- (On the cabinet on the highest level of the Coolant Pump room.)
- Research & Records - Hiss Research - Hiss Trooper
- (Receive after killing Trooper Second Class Coppack.)
Fix NSC Energy Converters
When you return to the Security Booth, it will be under attack from the Hiss.
Once you've taken out your foes, head back past the Control Point and go right, following the sign for the NSC Energy Converters.
Like when you were heading for the Coolant Pumps, you'll have to deal with some Hiss. This time it's a mixture of Hiss Guards and a Hiss Elevated.
If you feel like exploring for a little bit, head through the door for Central Maintenance to find some chests and collectables.
When you're ready, head through the doors to the NSC Energy Converters.
Again, just like when you were heading to the Coolant Pumps, follow the corridor and kill the Hiss Guards you encounter. Then cleanse the Control Point and fix the power by using your Launch Power to place the electricity box.
Follow the corridor and you'll find yourself in the NSC Energy Converters chamber.
You fix the NSC Energy Converter just like how you fixed the Coolant Pumps - find the socket, use your Launch powers to place the electricity box on the socket, kill any Hiss that stand in your way.
There is one socket on each level of the converter and there are three levels in total. Like with the Coolant Pumps, you won't lose progress if you die.
You can also find two chests in this; one in the Shelter and another by jumping the fence near the topmost socket.
Collectables to be found:
- Research & Records - Research - Thresholds
- (Beneath the statue in Central Maintenance.)
- Correspondence - Non-Official - Tennyson Report Warning
- (In the room you reach by taking the right-hand door in Central Maintenance.)
- Research & Records - Research - Home Safe Tests
- (In the same room you reach via Central Maintenance - found opposite the metal detectors. Finding this document will also start the A Good Defence mission.)
Lift the Internal Lockdown using the Directorial Override
Go through the doors marked NSC Control Room and follow the corridor around.
You'll find yourself in the Control Room and, of course, there are some Hiss. Once you've taken care of them, cleanse the Control Point.
Walk up to the central unit and use it to remove the lockdown. All of the Oldest House is now open to you.
Collectables to be found:
- Correspondence - Non-Official - Upcoming Game Reminder
- (On the desk as you enter the NSC Control Room.)
- Hotline - Internal Lockdown
- (Cleanse the Control Point in the NSC Control Room.)
Speak with Emily
Head through the door marked Sector Elevator to make your way back to, well, the Sector Elevator.
Along the way, you'll be able to access a Clearance Level 2 room containing a chest and a collectable.
Make your way back to Emily in the Board Room in the Executive Sector and tell her about your adventures in the Maintenance Sector. She will give you a Clearance Level 3 card, which will start the fourth mission in Control - Old Boy's Club.
Collectables to be found:
- Correspondence - Non-Official - Book Club: Lopez
- (In the Clearance Level 2 room after climbing the stairs to the Sector Elevator.)
- Hotline - Board - The Hiss
- (Receive after completing Directorial Override.)
It’s time to journey into the mysterious Federal Bureau of Control. Our Control walkthrough can help you through the storyline missions, including Welcome to the Oldest House, Unknown Caller, Directorial Override, Old Boy’s Club, Threshold, My Brother's Keeper, The Face of the Enemy, Finnish Tango, Polaris and Take Control. You can also learn new supernatural powers by completing A Merry Chase, A Good Defence and A Captive Audience. We also have guides on upgrading the Service Weapon, your Abilities, how to use Weapon and Personal Mods, how to unlock every outfit and the solution to the Roulette Wheel puzzle.