The Fortnite 5 Teams of 20 mode is a time limited event for Epic's Battle Royale shooter.
Matches will see the game's usual 100 players split into five teams of 20, and as always, there can only be one winner.
If you're just getting started, our Fortnite Battle Royale tips and tricks can provide some helpful hints.
When is the Fortnite 5 Teams of 20 start date?
The Fortnite 20v20 mode went live on Thursday, 8th March.
Though the specific time wasn't announced, Epic Games confirmed on the Fortnite subreddit it will go live along with a new patch.
When do new patches go live, exactly? Based on previous events, such as the Valentine's Day event, this will likely be in the morning, UK time (or around midnight PST).
Everything we know about Fortnite 5 Teams of 20
Here are some specifics for the 20 v 20 mode:
- Each team is composed of five squads of four players.
- Your team of 20 will be visible on the map, with any non-squad teammates shown in green, according to Epic.
- You can see how many team mates are alive in each team from the map screen.
- Treasure chests and ammo box spawn rates have increased - chests from 50-70% to 60-80% and ammo 65-80% to 75-90%.
Looking for more help? Our Fortnite tips and tricks can give you advice on how to up your game. We have a list of all the rewards from the current season's Battle Pass, as well as how to beat the latest Weekly Challenges, such as Week 3's Snobby Shores treasure map location and how to land on Bullseyes. This week also sees the introduction of new game type 5 teams of 20 and news of Fortnite on mobile.
- Supply drops have also changed, coming in "batches of 5 instead of varying amounts per Storm Circle", according to patch notes. The drop rate is now from 180 (+/- 30s) to 210 (+/- 30s).
- Matches are slightly shorter (23 minutes from 25 minutes) and has six Storm Circles instead of nine.
- Wins in this mode will not count towards your stats. There are plans to add a Large Squad profile page for these events in future.
- As with previous Large Squad events, Battle Pass challenges can be completed in this event.
There's also a few things we don't know, such as the end time and date. It's likely to make a comeback one day, though, so enjoy it while you can!